This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

At this point in the semester most of us have started to feel burned out by all the responsibilities we have. Spring Break comes in at the perfect time, with just about a month and a half left of the spring semester once we come back from break. This week long ‘vacation’ is the perfect opportunity to catch up on everything while still having some time for R&R.

Although this week doesn’t put a stop on all the activities going on in your everyday life, at least the main priority of school, is put to a semi-stop. Take this week to not only relax by the pool, but also to get some work done and seek new adventures.

Plan out your week

If you have at least somewhat of a plan, you are much more likely to not waste your days off. If you have designated days to get work done or study for upcoming exams, as well as to complete tasks or errands, you won’t have to worry about not having accomplished anything once the break is over. Of course, if you have work you will have to fit everything to that schedule, but make sure that on days where you would usually be attending class you’re not just laying in bed watching The Office for eight hours straight.

Go somewhere new

Miami has so much to offer, a lot of which we don’t even know despite having lived here our entire lives. Discovering Eventbrite or the possibility of just looking things up on Google of upcoming events was the best thing I ever found. Look for any events going on in the weekend, you could go with friends, take some pictures and maybe even learn something new. There are a lot of food options that are amazing, go find them! A recent fave of mine is Roots Juicebar, they have great avocado toast and acai bowls.

Relax

This is probably a no-brainer, but there are so many people who don’t know how to effectively relax. Hanging out with friends or going to the beach to tan is fun and all, but those activities don’t nurture your mind the way it should be nurtured. Read a book that helps you grow as a person (click here for my most motivational books), take time to groom yourself in a way you normally wouldn’t (maybe a new haircut or a facial), even meditating or going to a quiet beach by yourself to think are good ways to fulfill your individual self.

This Spring Break take time to make time. At the end of your break you should feel accomplished, rather than having missed an opportunity.

Cover Photo

Desi