This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Mamma Mia! Hollywood has heard our prayers Mamma Mia 2 is coming in theaters soon! It is time to dance to ABBA once again this summer. Mamma Mia 2 “Mamma Mia, here we go again” has officially wrapped filming in December 2017. Here is everything you need to know about the release date, new cast members and possible plots.

What do we know about the plot?

Lilly James who is playing the role of young Donna (Meryl Streep’s character) in the movie is one of the most exciting parts of this sequel. What we know from the trailers is that Mamma Mia 2 is based on Donna’s past and her three lovers, it goes back in time flashing from Donna’s young life to Sophie’s (Amanda Seifred) present while she is looking for comfort in her mom as she is on her early stages of her pregnancy. Donna comforts her telling her story of her own pregnancy and the emotional turmoil that came with it.

In regard to ABBA music, there will be a couple of new songs making an appearance in the film mentioned by ABBA band member, Benny Andersson.

Who are the stars in Mamma Mia 2?

Photo source

Original cast members Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried, Julie Walters, Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skarsgård, Christine Baranski and Dominic Cooper will all be part of the new film.

Alongside Lily James, new members of the cast include Jeremy Irvine as  young Sam, Alexa Davies as young Rosie, Josh Dylan as a young Bill, Hugh Skinner as young Harry and Jessica Keenan Wynn who will play a young Tanya. Singer Cher announced her debut in the movie on Twitter, and she will be playing Donna’s mother.

When is Mamma Mia 2 released?

The film is due for release on July 20, 2018 in the US, and on July 27, 2018 in the UK, within days of the 10th anniversary of the original’s release by Universal Pictures.

Cast members and fans have been waiting for this moment and we can’t wait any longer!         

Coverphoto

Source 

Journalism student with a track in Broadcast Media at The School Of Communications & Journalism at Florida International University.  Josie is an ambitious Journalist with a passion to unfold the truth and inform the audience; she loves to write about fashion, lifestyle and current events.