This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

One of our very own FIU students has taken the makeup biz to a new level. Sophia Marie Perez, born and raised in Miami, FL has taken her passion for makeup and turned it into a business.

As a young girl Sophia’s passion for makeup emerged through playing with her mother’s makeup. She moved to Los Angeles at the age of 12 to pursue her acting career, where she was exposed to all things beauty and glam. Sophia had started to film YouTube videos playfully without knowing where it would take her. Sophia moved back to Miami and decided that her love for make-up was bigger than the one for acting, she continued to post beauty related YouTube videos throughout the years giving her the opportunity to gain a following. Sophia’s makeup business launched around 2015 where she became a free-lance make-up artist. As anyone starting a new make-up business she had to learn all the tips and tricks to really gain the experience as a professional make-up artist. Sophia mentioned that she has loved the journey her business has taken.

Sophia decided to take her free-lance makeup business to the next level. She decided to start her very own cosmetics line. Sophy Cosmetics. Currently she has created handmade, vegan, cruelty free cosmetics. Sophy Cosmetics has a range of different pressed and loose highlighters, as well as lip glosses, body oils and brushes. Her line is still expanding. You can shop Sophy Costmetics at www.Sophycosmetics.com she also features in several make-up expos in Miami year-round.

After years of practice and experience, Sophia has decided to teach others all the tips and tricks makeup has to offer. She will be hosting her very first makeup seminar this month! The seminar will be taking place at the Sincerely ALC Headquarters in Miami on February 17th from 11:00am to 3:00pm. This seminar’s main focus is how to achieve the perfect smokey eye. This seminar is open to anyone who loves makeup as much as Sophia does or just wants to get better at applying makeup.

With every ticket purchase, you receive a makeup goodie bag. A few things you will find in the goodie bag are lashes, liquid lipsticks, highlighters and even a makeup brush set plus so much more! Sophia’s makeup line Sophy Cosmetics will be available for purchase and all 15% OFF! 

She also wants to personally give you a 15% OFF discount for the makeup seminar using the code “CODE15” during your checkout. Purchase tickets here.

Sophia wanted to personally let all empowered women out there know,

“Things in life will challenge you along the way but never give up, I didn’t give up and look where I am today! If someone told me a few years ago I would be hosting my very own makeup seminar, I wouldn’t believe them! Passion and motivation will take you a long way in life. I hope my story inspired you to keep going! I hope to see some of you at my makeup seminar!” 

Journalism student with a track in Broadcast Media at The School Of Communications & Journalism at Florida International University.  Josie is an ambitious Journalist with a passion to unfold the truth and inform the audience; she loves to write about fashion, lifestyle and current events.