This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

There’s a full list of makeup styles to try, but here are the most common styles that will make you look flawless and ready to conquer the world.

Natural look

Image by Fashionista

This look is perfect for any day time occasion, it’s simple and easy to do. This natural look can be worn to go to school, if you want to hang out with your friends in the day or even for a job interview. 

If you want to achieve this look, follow the steps below: 

1. Concealer, cover visible breakouts, blemishes and undereye dark circles. Apply a little and blend with your fingertips — the trick is to not use too much, just what’s necessary.

2. If the face looks shiny, use an oil-absorbing powder. Use a brush and apply it in circular motions around the face.

3. Put blush! Use warm blush colors like pink and peach since they help give a more natural look.

4. Now it’s times to define the eyes. It’s recommended to use a soft brownish tint to make it look natural. The color chosen should be slightly darker than your skin color.

5. Applying eye pencil is optional when getting this look, but if you want to define your eyes, it’s recommended to use a soft brown or gray color eye pencil. 

6. For the lips, pick a shade that matches your lip color and then the trick to make it look natural is to apply it with your fingertips rather than directly from the tube and pat it.

7. Last step, define your lashes! Mascara is a must — even for a no-makeup look.

Summer Bronze

Image by Pinterest

Don’t be shy with that highlighter!  This makeup look can be worn to any special event or for a night out.  

Start by applying primer, foundation and concealer to cover dark circles and blemishes on your face. Then follow these next steps:

1. Apply blush on your cheekbones, the color doesn’t really matter, it could be a light pink or peach.
  2. Use bronzer, apply it on the cheekbones, hairline and on the edge of your jawline.
  3. Time for the highlighter! This look is all about mastering highlighting and playing with it, first you are going to apply highlighter above your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, top of your lips, corner of your eyes and above your eyebrows.
  4. Brighten up your eyes and extend their shape by adding highlight to the inner corner.

Check this video on how to get the look.      

Smokey Eyes 

Image by Bobby Brown 

This elegant look can be used for formal occasions, like a wedding or to a fancy dinner. Check out this video to master this look. 

TIPS:

-To make your makeup last longer always use a primer first and a setting spray afterward. 

– Never sleep with makeup on, always wash your face. 

Lucia Grijalva is an International student from Nicaragua majoring in journalism at Florida International University. She is a staff writer for Her Campus FIU and a contributor for Inspicio Magazine. After she graduates she plans to pursue a degree in fashion design.