This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As October came to a close, most of us spent the 31st going out to celebrate Halloween with our friends, or perhaps we took the young ones in our lives trick or treating. Some people got to sit down at the Greek theater in Los Angeles and celebrate Mac Miller’s life this Halloween. Miller’s family and friends put together a tribute concert to celebrate the late artist’s life and raise money to donate to the charity they’ve created in order to help other young artists achieve their dreams and goals just like he was able to do. The concert was live streamed for everyone to watch all around the world.

The first thing we were able to see were fans coming in and settling down before a video of Miller through the years played, with 2009 playing instrumentally in the background. Once the tribute video ended, there was a heart-warming performance of Come Back to Earth by his best friend Dylan. Fans watched many of their favorite artists, who had previously collaborated with Miller, perform that night — either new music they’ve made or songs they’ve made sang with Miller. 

Personally, watching this tribute concert meant the world to me, and though I wish I was able to make it in person, I still felt the love and happiness those who put this show on tried to portray. It still pains me to know I was just days away from meeting Malcom and telling him what his music and he meant to me, and this tribute helped cement that it was okay.

Thank you to all the artists that helped Malcom’s family put this show together, from Domo Genesis, Njomza, Action Bronson, Alchemist, Anderson.Paak, Chance the Rapper, Earl Sweatshirt, John Mayer, J.I.D, Miguel, Thundercat, Travis Scott, School Boy Q, Ty Dolla $ign, Vince Staples, SZA, Dylan Reynolds, and all others who came to support. Seeing all of these people support him, and more than anything, celebrate his life; made this “concert” feel more like a gathering of old friends and family who are coming together to remember a soul as kind and loving as Malcom.

The full live stream of his concert can be found here, please give it a watch, and don’t forget to donate to the foundation his family set up! 

(TMMCF.ORG)​

Xoxo, Nicole

Nicole is currently a senior at Florida International University studying English. She wants to become a full-time writer for a journalistic blog or company in the future, and hopes to publish a few novels along the way. Her truest of loves include Disney, Anime, music, her dogs, writing, and Harry Potter. She is a lover of makeup, and telling people's stories from their eyes and her experiences. She is currently a Beauty Advisor at Riley Rose part-time, and hopes to continue working alongside them in the future. You can follow her journey on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nicoli0o/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nicoli0o_