This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

First things first, a little bachelor history. The reality dating show we’ve come to know as “The Bachelor” has come a long way since it first aired on 2002. The very next year, ABC did a spin-off known as “The Bachelorette”, giving the runner-up from the first bachelor season, Trista Rhen, the opportunity to find love. From then on, there has been many seasons of “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette”.  As famous as these two shows have been in the United States, with time, the popularity has gone oversees and the bachelor empire is now internationally known. There are bachelor seasons all over the globe, such as in New Zealand, China, Japan, Germany, Canada, Austria, Finland and Sweden.

Just like in every season, local and international, there are many eliminations and broken hearts. Many of the contestants who lose believe they will never find that special someone. Well just like the spin-off, “Bachelor in Paradise”, ABC decided to give these hopeless romantics another chance to find love by creating “The Bachelor Winter Games”. This show is different because the contestants are from all the bachelor seasons from all over the world. In a short and sweet version, the contestants have to compete in different winter sports to win a date card were they can take out anyone in the house they are crushing on to further their relationship. At the end of the episode, there is a cocktail party and the famous rose ceremony were the contestants can get eliminated if no one is falling for them. 

Early on in the show, couples were forming and unfortunately, love triangles as well. Clare, from season 18 of “The Bachelor”, had a mentality of keeping her options open and getting to know everyone in the house. While meeting some of the guys, she started flirting with Benoit from season 1 of “The Bachelorette” in Canada. Surprisingly, it was Benoit who was falling fast for Clare and normally us women would appreciate a guy who follows his heart and gives all his attention to one person, but Clare didn’t.

source

She was also getting to know Christian, from season 1 of “The Bachelorette” in Switzerland and Germany. Yup, you read correctly, he has been on two different seasons in different countries.  Unlike Benoit, Christian was less attentive to Clare and didn’t show his feelings towards her as much as Benoit did. It was mainly Clare who would go out of her way to talk to Christian. Instead of just forgetting about him and giving Benoit, who clearly likes her, an opportunity to be her man, she is more drawn to the one who ignores her and argues with her. Sadly to us women, this sounds too familiar. 

source

On last week’s episode, Benoit decided to leave the house because he only had feelings for Clare and she didn’t reciprocate those feelings. It was hard to watch, because from the outside looking in, it’s easy to see Benoit as the best choice for Clare. But even though someone seems to have all the best qualities, doesn’t mean he is the one for you. Clare said that you can’t force feelings to happen, you either have them for someone or you don’t. As much as I was screaming to Clare through my computer screen telling her to tell Benoit to stay for her, I understood were she was coming from. 

At the end of the episode, Christian gave a rose to Clare even though they had two arguments before, mostly about her kissing and flirting with Benoit. Hopefully, this week they can patch things up and actually get to know each other because if not, Clare is going to regret sending Benoit home. I know I would. 

If you want to know what happens tune in on Tuesdays and Thursday at 8pm on ABC! 

cover photo source

I'm a puertorican leaving in Miami! Currently a senior at FIU majoring in journalism with a minor in spanish.