This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Netflix has been pumping out new shows and movies left and right for the last couple of months, but recently they released a show that is a little “out of the ordinary”.  With only one season and 13 episodes that are about 22 minutes long, it’s the perfect show to binge during a busy semester because it’s short and sweet. The show revolves around four moms: Kate, Anne, Frankie, and Jenny. The show puts a comedic spin on the struggles these moms go through as they begin to return to their normal lives after maternity leave.

The show is a wonderful and lighthearted representation of the struggle most new working mothers go through as they make the difficult but necessary decision to leave their newborn and go back to work. The show touches upon various real-life scenarios like post-partum depression, having to choose work over family, abortions, and having an identity crisis. The show managed to perfectly go over certain sensitive subjects like abortion and post-partum depression in a real but breezy manner. These subjects are usually never gone over in shows because of possible negative feedback but “Workin’ Moms” made the show far more relatable to women all over the world by taking this risk.

Apart from the more serious subjects, the show has various hilarious moments as the story follows all the mothers’ lives and their respective misfortunes as they’re figuring out what their place is in the world now that they’re mothers. These moments include everything from a boring bachelorette party all the way to conversations about their favorite adult videos.

However, it should be noted that the show does have some mild nudity and graphic language. If that is not an issue, this show is an amazing find on Netflix, 10/10 recommend.

Angely is a Biology major on a Pre-Med track, she is hoping to be either a Neurologist or Oncologist in the future. She has a high interest in the Environmental Sciences and hopes to get her Master's degree and Ph.D in Environmental Sciences in order to do research on coral reefs. She is a volunteer at Nicklaus Children's Hospital and Co-Fundraising chair for Tri Beta.