This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Picture this: You’re in an arena. You just watched the opening act finish their set and now you anxiously wait for your favorite artist to take the stage. The lights are on and everyone around you is talking. Suddenly, the lights dim and so does all the noise. The opening track starts to play and the entire arena starts to scream. You feel overcome by happiness and it is such an indescribable rush. You can’t believe that you’re experiencing the live sound of this artist in this very moment. This is a feeling that so many people have missed in the past two years because of the pandemic. However, now, slowly but surely, live music is making its way back to our hometown arenas and stadiums.

Livestreams in lockdown.

During lockdowns, live music looked a little different – it was brought into our homes through livestreams. Now, as the world starts to open up again, live music is back to actually being live and not just transmitted through a streaming platform. I vividly remember sitting in my living room watching Bad Bunny’s traffic-stopping live concert in New York City on September 20, 2020. It was an amazing performance, but it is even more incredible to watch him live. Seeing Benito live will actually become a possibility in the near future as Bad Bunny returns with “El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo” in 2022.

Back to live.

Alongside Bad Bunny, other top artists are kicking off tours as well. Harry Styles has returned with his “Love On Tour” on his opening night in Las Vegas on September 4th. In relation to Covid safety, Styles and his team are doing their part by requiring proof of vaccination or a negative test upon attending the show. Fans must also wear a mask at the shows for further health and safety precaution. Styles does not let the masks create a barrier between him and his fans as he continues to run around, dance on stage, and splash water onto his audience.

Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

for the time being.

This may be what the future of live music looks like for the time being. Face masks and proof of vaccination or negative tests. These are all of the precautions necessary when looking to attend a concert during a pandemic. If wearing a mask is the price to pay just to feel the rush of live music again, then so be it. If everyone does their part to slow the spread, then we will be one step closer to concerts as we once knew them and not stuck at home watching the shows on our screens.

I'm Jacqueline Flores Figueras, but most people call me 'Jackie'. I am currently in my second year of college at Florida International University as a Journalism and Pre-Law student. I am an Aquarius born of Cuban and Nicaraguan heritage in Miami, FL. Connect with me on Instagram @jacquelinefloress !!