sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Last Minute Valentine’s Day Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

There is no reason to be alone on Valentines day! Depending on if you are the type of person who loves the flowers, romance and chocolate, or if you are instead the person who is sickened every time you see a couple kiss on Valentine’s Day, you might have different plans for this day. If you are one of those girls who has been planning what you and your significant other will do this night for the past few months then I wish I had your dedication. But a good percentage of people don’t have plans or think of some last minute: so if you are in this boat, let me help you out and give you some options to choose from. From a first date to a year long relationship all these places will give you some fun, romance and of course a good time. So go out there and celebrate the holiday just for the fun of it.

1. Wynwood Yard

This is a very popular place for nights out because it is so big and unique. You can look at art, get food, walk around and even dance. Depending on your likes and dislikes and your date of course, you can enjoy a few drinks at happy hour and pick up snacks from the food truck. I even heard of a yoga class for only $13. And finally, a little soft jazz to put the mood on for the night!

2. Frozen Yogurt

A safe and affordable quick date is always frozen yogurt. It gives you the opportunity to dash out after if the date was that bad, and it also gives you time to brainstorm what the next move is after if the date was good. Menchies Fozen Yogurt are all over Miami but if you want to make it a unique time try Mr. Kream, which is a hip hop themed ice cream shop with great decorations and funny sundae names.

3. Breweries

For over 21 year-olds, let Valentine’s Day be the day to express your love for beer. While this may not seem the most romantic place off the bat, a lot of breweries do special events for Valentine’s Day to convince people to come. Biscayne Bay Brewing Company is hosting an Art with a Twist painting class. The Bousa Brewing Company has an event where there will be one free beer per person and the ladies get a red rose, as well as a puppy kissing booth and on site Bumble matches!

4. Top Golf

This place has taken over Miami in the short time it has been open and it is all the rage! There are more than 100 climate- controlled hitting bays, cocktails and a rooftop fireplace which can make a Valentines mood go from fun to intimate.

5. Crazy about You

For you love birds out there, Crazy About You is a great restaurant with a retro modern atmosphere with twinkling lights that will make your highlight pop. With great food and drinks and a romantic setting, this is just the restaurant to go to for a quiet night out with the person you love.

If you are feeling inspired but like to play the single game, then grab your girl or guy friends and make it a friends night out, who knows who you will meet! 

Cover Photo Source