Style

Last Minute Costume Ideas for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As the spooky season sadly comes to an end, so does the chance for getting dressed up. We’ve all been in the situation where we suddenly have a last-minute Halloween party to go to. All of our costumes have been used, there is no more money to waste, and no time to find complicated costumes. Here are some less-than-complicated ideas that don’t break the bank and won’t take you hours to put together. 

1. Mummies

At first glance, one might think of dressing up as a mummy and not like the idea; but with a pair of white shorts and a cute white crop top, your look is almost complete! Wrap some toilet paper or tulle to finish your costume off. If you’re able to do a cool makeup look, even better. It is a simple way to look cute, and still spooky for the season. 

2. Aliens

There are many ways to dress up as an alien, which is why it makes it so easy. Look in your closet for something sparkly: a dress, a skirt, or a romper. Buy glitter and put it over your shoulders and collarbone. Do simple space buns on your hair and finish your make up off with glitter as your highlighter. There you have it, a cute alien that came to this world for a day. 

3. Nerds 

This one is a little cliche and has been used for many, many years. However, this is the perfect costume for being in a rush. Wear a white shirt and high wasted pants or shorts. Finish of your look with two ponytails, glasses, and long socks. If you have suspenders, wear them as a final touch. 

4. Devil or Angel 

These two are easy. For the devil the only thing you need to buy are the devilish horns and for the angel the wings and the halo. If you’re dressing up as the devil, bring out all the red you have in your closet. All you need is red and black or white, respectively for the costume ideas. Play with the clothes you already own and you’ll see you will have the perfect costume. 

5. Rockstar

If you don’t already own a leather jacket, this is the perfect time to get one. Wear dark clothes, fishnet stockings, and black heeled boots for a sexier style. Top your makeup off with a star on your eye and add some glitter. The good thing about this one is that there is no specific way to dress up for it. It is up to you to rummage through your closet and select outfits that are dark and compliment the rockstar look. 

I am currently a Junior studying Public Relations, Advertisement and Applied Communications with a Minor in Hospitality Studies. My passion for writing and reading has been imbedded in me every since I was a little girl and till this day desire to use my passions in both my work field and personal life. I am from Venezuela, lived there all my life and moved to Miami for college. I am very passionate in what I do and the things I love. Through my writing I hope to inspire people and make them analyze the world and the community we surround ourselves with. I am a firm believer in balance and good vibes. Hope you enjoy reading my articles as much as I enjoy writing them!