This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Taking care of my skin is something that’s really important to me. I’ve been reading reviews and comparisons of skincare and makeup products since I started college, so when I discovered Into The Gloss, I was hooked. The skincare and makeup driven blog includes tips like Best Drugstore Dupes, Beauty Tips, and interviews with all your favorite celebrities about their skincare routines. Its founder, Emily Weiss, saw how many people cared about the products they were putting on their faces every day and decided to start her own direct-to-customer natural makeup line, Glossier.

Their aesthetically pleasing branding, the raving reviews and the fact that it seemed like everyone was freaking out over their products reeled me in. I made my first purchase, the Glossier Phase 2 Set. The set costs $40.00 and includes a brow product, a concealer and a lip tint. Choosing my products, I truly appreciated how the company included pictures of models with an array of skin tones wearing the same shades so that their online shoppers (Glossier isn’t sold in stores) can more accurately try to match their skin tones.

Boy Brow is a tinted pomade for your eyebrows that independently sells for $16. Having naturally thick brows, I had only ever filled in my brows in for events like Prom and Graduation, but since trying it out, its become a holy grail in my makeup drawer. The effect it creates is natural and it so easy to apply that even a makeup novice like me had no problem getting into it.

The second product in the kit is the Stretch Concealer ($18), a super lightweight and sheer yet buildable concealer. This product is my go-to summer concealer, leaving a dewy and no-makeup look, but I’ve found that it doesn’t last quite as long as I’d hoped and creases almost immediately.

The Generation G sheer matte lipstick ($18), however, is probably my favorite makeup product of all-time (and that’s saying something from someone who basically spends all her money on mascara and bronzer). When I first received it, I was really confused, the actual color of the lip product seemed completely different from the one I saw on the website. I even had to double check if I was sent the correct shade. When I put it on though, I knew I had found my “your lips, but better” product. The balm in the chapstick-looking tube is almost immediately soaked into the skin and its matte-ness makes it look like you have nothing on.  

After trying out these products, I had to go back for more. By my second order, I had already finished my Boy Brow so I stocked up on it, and ordered the Cloud Paint blush in “Dusk” and the Milk Jelly Cleanser.

Much like the lip stain, the blush arrived and I was confused by how dark the Cloud Paint, that sells for $18, seemed. The consistency was very liquid and I aimlessly applied it on my cheeks. Looking into the mirror, I looked as if I had just fallen asleep on a beach for about 15 hours straight. I removed the product and reapplied, using about ¼ of what I had previously applied and the result was a natural-looking warmth. I’ve found that all of Glossier’s products layer extremely well, so depending on how you like your makeup to look, always start with a small amount and build it up from there.

Having struggled with acne since puberty, the products I use to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin are really important parts of my routine. I purchased the Milk Jelly Cleanser (selling for $18) because it claims to “dissolve away makeup and grime,” and to leave skin “feeling healthy and soft, never tight.” I really appreciated how the product left my skin feeling hydrated after washing, but the makeup-removing part is less than impressive. I still have to fully remove my makeup with a wipe if I decide to use this product at night, but as a morning cleanser it works wonders.

From its conception, Glossier has introduced dozens of new products, from its Wowder powder, to Soothing Face Mists and Invisible Shield sunscreen, there seems to be a product for everyone wanting to care for their skin and look good while doing it.

Since first trying out Glossier, I’ve used at least one of their products everyday in my skincare/makeup routines. The prices are fair for the claims that each product makes, and even though it seems that most products are catered toward people with dry skin types, as someone with oily/combination skin I’ve also come to really love them.

All photos by Glossier Inc.