Maria Scheller-Brunette Happy Girl Sunflower Field Dress Hands In Pockets
Maria Scheller / Her Campus

Instagrammable Places in Miami

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

When we think of Florida, the first city that comes to our mind is our beautiful Miami: a city that never sleeps, is full of colors, love, good food, beautiful faces and city lights. When I first came to Miami, I honestly thought the only fun thing about Miami besides the beach, was Wynwood, and I am not saying that Wynwood is boring, but after living two years here I can say, we are more than that, and art is literally everywhere. Personally, my favorite Miami area is Midtown. You have Miami’s Design District, you have good stores, awesome yummy food, art, Wynwood is also nearby, and you have it all in one place. Today, I will give you my top favorite places to be in Miami, and I really hope you get to visit at least one of them.

Suviche, Doral

Suviche, in Doral, is also located in Wynwood, but I love the place in Doral most. It is so beautiful, instagrammable, and the rolls are SO YUMMY! Do not hesitate to order the Perfection Roll, and good news, every day is happy hour from 3 to 7 pm, yup! You just read that, so don’t even think about it. Go enjoy yourself with some crunchy spicy tuna rolls, and take some cute photos. They also offer a variety of homemade juices. My favorite is their passion fruit juice; It is so refreshing and sweet. So, next time you are craving some good sushi and wearing a cute outfit, get yourself a happy belly and some good pics in Suviche.

Berry Farms

Berry Farms is not located exactly in Miami, but Homestead, which is somewhat close to our great city, and believe me it is worth going to Berry Farm. It is the perfect place to spend time with your partner, friends, and even your family. If you’ve always wanted a perfect photo in a sunflower garden, this is the right place. This place is ideal for the perfect Sunday brunch. It has fresh food and strawberries are harvested on this farm.

Thatch 

I am not a vegan at all, and yet that does not stop me at all from loving Thatch. I guarantee you, at first, you will love the aesthetic of the place just like me. I will not lie, I do not recommend any of their ice creams, but for sure if you are looking for some falafel. They have a falafel bowl that feels fresh, healthy, and delicious. I also recommend the seasoned cauliflower. I am not a fan of cauliflower (in fact this is the only veggie I do not like), but this seasoned cauliflower really feels like a flavorsome teriyaki chicken. 

I hope you visit one of the places that I recommend and enjoy your time there. The list could go on, but for now I consider that these are places that comply with biosafety measures and are perfect for creating content since I feel that they are unique places. And so, you will have a happy tummy and an impeccable feed!

Lisy is a writer at Her Campus in FIU, where she creates content across Her Campus and Florida International University. She is currently a junior with a major on International Relations and a minor in Communications. Lisy currently lives in Miami, but her heart will always be in her home country Honduras; she is a proud Alpha Chi Omega sister, along with that she currently is Recruitment Director in Model of United Nations FIU. She loves cooking, traveling, and loves going to cute spots around town.