This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I’m very much into the whole skincare trend. I’m constantly trying new products whether it be from brand names at Sephora or simple drugstore products sold at your local Walgreens or Target. This ranges anywhere from facial masks, to facial oils, to the makeup products I apply to my skin. Taking care of your skin is essential to making you feel healthier and cleaner and it also helps brightens up your complexion. Your skin is one of the most important and largest organs of your body and is ultimately used as a barrier against infection–aka acne, dark spots, redness (you get it.) There is always a new product to explore down the skincare aisle and every skin type is unique and has its own personal needs. I’m no expert but these are some of my go-to facial products that I feel aid with my sensitive skin. After all, when you look good, you feel good.

My Go-To Cleanser

Cleansing your face first thing in the morning and at the end of your day is a must. That way, you get rid of all the excess oil and dirt and you remove any layers of dead skin cells that are lurking on your face. My skin is very sensitive so my personal favorite daily cleanser is the Soap & Glory 3-in-1 Daily Detox Vitamin C face wash. And it’s $10.99 at Target. It smooths and purifies skin by treating acne, psoriasis, and warts and gives you a gentle wash without scrubbing down and irritating your skin.

(credit: The Life of Vanish)

My Go-To Toner

Next, come brightening and balancing. I have been using the Glycolic Acid Toner from Mario Badescu and I can honestly say that it helps if you have very textured skin. With ingredients such as aloe vera and grapefruit, it helps hydrate skin while minimizing pores.

(Credit: Beauty Wise up)

My Go-To Serum

The next thing I use is the Korres Wild Rose rose oil from Sephora. This product is a Vitamin C infused active brightening oil with rose petals that I use religiously whenever I jade-roll my face. I apply about 2 drops on the left and right sides of my cheekbones and make sure that when I use my jade roller, I am moving in an upward and outward direction. If you’re wanting “glowy” look, this is for you. It helps with fine lines and wrinkles as well as with dryness. Definitely a key ingredient in my routine and it helps set your makeup in place all day long.

(Credit: Makeup Your Mind)

My Go-To Moisturizer

Next, I have one word for you: moisturizer. If there’s any tender, love, and care you can give to your skin besides wearing sunscreen, it’s moisturizing. Day and night. I usually use the FARMACY Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer from Sephora. This product contains hyaluronic acid and is filled with antioxidant-rich honey which helps with dullness, dryness, and loss of elasticity. It can be used on any skin type ranging from dry, combination, or oily. 

(Credit: Look Fantastic

My Go-To Primer

A staple in my skincare routine is the No Poreblem Prime Essence. It tightens your pores and gives you a boost of hydration without making you look “greasy” and it gives you the perfect smooth base to apply your foundation on.

My Go-To Face Mask

Now since I am a huge fan of the cruelty-free FARMACY line at Sephora, one product that I highly recommend is the Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask. I use this mask 3 times a week and I would consider it to be very beneficial to my skincare regimen. When you apply it to your face, it feels like you’re applying warm honey and it is infused with rich antioxidants that help with dullness, fine lines and wrinkles, and hydration. I leave it on for about 20-30 minutes and remove it in an upward motion with cold water. It leaves my skin baby-soft and gives me a radiant appearance. If you struggle with dark spots and acne, you should give this a shot.

( Credit: Beautylish)

My Go-To Exfoliator

I also like to use the Clarisonic Mia 2 Cleansing System from Target every so often to exfoliate my skin. Although I fall into the sensitive skin club, exfoliating is so beneficial for your skin because it rejuvenates your skin cells and sheds away the dead ones improving the texture and preventing breakouts. For this product, I use the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Exfoliating Cleanser from Walgreens which I apply to the cleansing brush with warm water. What I love about this system is that it has 2 speeds that really dig deep into the pores of your skin as you circle the brush around your face. Plus, this cleanser is another product that just so happens to be infused with hyaluronic acid. Win-win.

(Credit: Neutrogena)

My Go-To Night Serum

Before I go to bed after I’ve cleansed my face, I like to apply the Honeymoon Glow Resurfacing Night Serum overnight. It’s used to clarify and renew dull skin and is rich in hydration. It contains hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, and flower extracts that aid in exfoliating dead skin cells, clearing up dark spots, and minimizing pore size. Another must-have.

(Credit: The Urban Umbrella

My Go-To Lip Mask

The Laneige Lip Mask is a game-changer. Korean skincare is in and if you have dry lips and fine lines, this product is for you. Enriched with Vitamin C and antioxidants, this mask will have you waking up with smooth and nourished lips.

(credit: Hermo)

Although there are many universal skincare routines that bloggers and many social media feeds tend to promote, the needs of everyone’s skin varies. It is important to meet those needs by trying products that you think work for your skin. Whether it be starting with a gentle daily cleanser, seeing a dermatologist, or scheduling a professional facial, you can determine the unique qualities of your skin and how you can glow as you age.

Catch me in the skincare aisle.

24 Miami, FL Majoring in Psychology at Florida International University Lover of all things coffee, books, skincare, and adventure