This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

“Spooky Baskets” are an online trend that has developed over the past couple years. They are baskets filled with little gifts and items the person receiving them likes. If you want to give a spooky basket to someone in your life, here’s a list of inexpensive ideas to put in the basket!

(Gif Credit: Giphy)

1. Food and Beverage

Obviously, you don’t want to put a hot plate of food in the basket but packaged items such as chips or pumpkin-spiced popcorn make a great addition to the basket. If you know the person’s favorite drink, try adding a bottle of their favorite soda, tea, or coffee.

2. Candy

Candy is an absolute must for a spooky basket- it’s Halloween! Try adding chocolates, gummies, sour candies, gum, or anything else the gift receiver likes.

(Image Source: Pinterest)

3. Candles

Candles can be tricky if you do not know the types of scents the person likes. Fall scented candles are perfect — smell-wise and aesthetically — but if you’re unsure, try sticking for a more neutral scent such as vanilla.

4. Socks

Socks are a great item to add to a spooky basket because stores sell Halloween-themed socks during this time of year. The dollar section at Target is a great place to check because they have cute, inexpensive socks every year. Target also sells long socks for a cheap price too.

(Image Source: Pinterest)

5. Beauty

Try adding mascara, scrunchies, small eyeshadow palettes, lotion, razors, perfumes/colognes, face masks, or anything that is small enough to fit in the basket! Beauty and hygiene perfectly intertwine, so it’s simple finding items to put in the basket that’ll be perfect for anyone.

6. Decor

Small home decor items such as signs, plastic pumpkins, and succulents are great space fillers if you start running out of ideas to add to the basket. Once again, Target’s dollar section is a great place to check for fall/Halloween themed items.

(Image Source: Pinterest)

7. Blanket

Depending on the size of your basket, a blanket might be something to consider. I always see the cutest Halloween blankets at Target (I want to buy it every time I see it) and they’re really inexpensive too. 

8. Mug

A mug is a great addition to the spooky basket as well. It’s an item you know every person uses. Plus, you can have fun with choosing the design (Do you want the person’s initial? A fun phrase? A Halloween theme?). 

(Image Source: Pinterest)

Really, anything can go into a spooky basket- it’s all about being creative and having fun with the gift giving! Happy Halloween!

(Gif Source: Giphy)

Emma is a sophomore at Florida International University studying Broadcast Media. She is from Miami and loves entertainment (music, tv shows, movies) and hopes to become an entertainment reporter after college. She is also involved on campus in her Panhellenic Council organization.