This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Let me start off by saying, “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” was definitely one of those films I truly didn’t want to end. I’ve watched this film multiple times, in a matter of several days, and I have to admit it still captures my heart every time. 

The movie is about a girl named Lara Jean Covey who writes five letters dedicated to the boys that she once loved. These letters are meant to be a secret that only she knows about until one day the love letters are sent out and she finds herself in a situation that she never imagined. We follow Lara on her journey to confront each of the boys and the series of unexpected events that transpire along the way.

From the tight-knit family, to the witty little sister “Kitty” and the handsome, caring Peter Kavinsky, this movie had me IN MY FEELINGS. I can’t deny that I can be a hopeless romantic at times especially when it comes to chick flicks. Movies like this make me feel nostalgic, as if I were in high school again. It made me realize how we wish that one day we’d have an odd situation occur that will lead us to meet our soulmate, but then you get a grip on reality and figure 9 times out of 10 something like this will most likely NOT happen. Sorry to burst your bubble…

Although the chaos captured her life, Lara continued to be true to herself. I was ecstatic to see her step out of her comfort zone & finally live a little. Being in high school can already be tough especially in Lara’s situation having lost her mother and having to deal with the “mean ex-best friend”.  She refused to let those obstacles knock her down and she ended up happier than ever. Another plus was the selection of a cast that was a bit more diverse than your typical rom-com Hollywood film.

If you love romantic comedies you should definitely get together with your girlfriends and watch this one if you haven’t already. It’s super cute and will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, wondering what will happen next. Don’t worry, one day we will all find our own Peter Kavinsky’s.

All I have left to say is.. NETFLIX, WE NEED A SEQUEL!!!