tailgate captions?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tailgate captions?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo By Kampus Productions from Pexels

How This School Year Makes The Perfect Instagram Feed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Do you feel like your Instagram has been lacking? Well, this upcoming school year is the perfect opportunity to always have something to post. Here’s your own Instagram guide for this school year. From the minute you first step into your dorm, to the minute you cross the graduation stage, this will be your Instagram inspo guide for this school yea

Move-In Day

Whether you’re a freshman or an upperclassman transitioning from Dorm to apartment, a good post to mark the start of the new school year is a move in day reel or photo dump to show the glow up of your space!

Photo Courtesy of Washington University (Photographer N/A)

First Day of School

This next post idea is a throwback to when our parents would always be sure to take a photo of us on the first day of school no matter grade. Taking a photo of a significant landmark at your school or even the mascot to signify your first day of school is something to spice up your feed.

End of first week celebration

After the first week, you deserve to blow off a little steam by celebrating at a common on campus hang out or even a small get together in your dorm/apartment

Exploring your college town

Capturing the moment you fall in love with your college town’s pizza place is an Insta worthy moment. This also encourages you to find little hidden gems around your school!

First tailgate party of the season

Even if you don’t understand or care what’s gonna happen on the field today, you still have to capture your cute game day fit!

Photo Courtesy of University of Michigan (Photographer N/A)

At the game

Okay, well we need proof that we actually went to the game. Don’t forget to capture the moment in the stadium as well!

Photo Courtesy of University California Berkeley (Photographer N/A)

Family Weekend

Your parents are in town for Family weekend to visit you and see the school through your eyes! Snap that photo that your mom is gonna want to post for her facebook friends.

Homecoming Week

It’s Homecoming week and there are so many activities to do on campus! Show your friends from home all the different traditions your school has leading up to the big game.

Photo Courtesy of University of Miami (Photographer N/A)

A fall post

It’s officially Sweater Weather! Pumpkin carving, scary movie marathon with your roommates, and going to pumpkin patches with your besties is such a cute photo opt.

Halloween

Ghost, Mummies, Barbies! Oh, my! Spooky season is in full swing. It’s a good thing the gram gotta see it all!

Friendsgiving

Showing off your friends cooking and baking is a skill that deserves to be shared with all your followers. Nothing brings people closer than food.

Thanksgiving

It’s not thanksgiving without the typical plate and dinner table photo. I mean my mouth is practically watering just thinking about it!

Finals Week

We are not advertising that you should be focused on posting during finals week but who says romanticizing the study sessions can’t help you pass?

Anna Schultz-Girl Using Laptop In Cozy Bed
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Winter Post

The snow, the decorations, and the hot chocolate all scream winter vibes.

Holiday Post

Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa are here. Show off how you make the holidays special by displaying your family traditions!

New Year’s Eve

Whether you’re eating 12 grapes, scouting who will be your new year’s kiss, or just watching the ball drop in your Pj’s.

Spring semester

New classes, same iced coffee order from fall semester.

Galentine’s Day/Valentine’s Day

A day to show love to the gals who show us love year round or show us how you guys are #Couplegoals!

Birthdays

Whether it’s yours, your roommate’s, or your best friends you’ve gotta capture the moment! You’re only young once.

St. Patrick’s Day

A day where we are all suddenly Irish. Catch Ya at the end of the rainbow!

Spring Break

It’s Finally Spring Break!! Whether you’re going to be in your Euro era or you plan on being an island girly for the week, capture all the fun you’re having!

Final’s week pt. 2

This time around we are tanned (or sunburnt) and ready to tackle whatever this semester throws at us.

Graduation

You did it! You’re walking the graduation stage and looking good while doing it.

Summer Vacation

Whether it’s a graduation trip to Greece, a road trip with friends, or a family trip to Niagara falls this school year you did it all! Who Knows, it can even be the summer you decide whether you’re Team Conrad or Team Jeremiah! *Wink* *Wink*

belly and conrad playing basketball on the boardwalk in the summer i turned pretty season 2
Erika Doss/Prime Video
Kelsey is a pop culture, style and life writer for Her Campus. She covers multiple topics pertaining to current events in culture such as celebrity news and trends as well as lifestyle trends that are constantly trending online on Tiktok, Instagram, and Twitter. She hopes to be a writer for a fashion magazine eventually or a bestselling author. Culture is her main topic of choice because Kelsey Loves to stay current on all the latest trends. Kelsey is currently a senior at the Florida International University working towards her Bachelor's degree in communication focusing on the Organizational Communication track. In her free time Kelsey likes to spend endless hours on Pinterest creating the perfect mood boards for all of the different scenarios she creates in her head, Go thrift shopping based off of her everchanging wardrobe and personal style, hang out with friends and family, going to the movies theaters to watch the latest blockbuster, Spend her money at Tjmaxx, and watch her favorite guilty pleasure reality tv shows The Bachelorette and The Bachelor she may hate to admit that she watches it, but ask her who got sent home last week and she'll answer you before you even finish asking her.