This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Many of us have either started or failed to continue our New’s Resolutions for this year. But it’s never too late to keep trying to accomplish your goal for this year. Here are a few tips to help you continue working towrds your goal:

Keep a journal

Photo Credit

Documenting your journey can be very helpful when you feel discouraged. A journal can help you look at the past and see how much has changed. The progress should motivate you to continue that change!

Share your goals 

Photo Credits

Social media is a great way to make it known to friends, family, and spectators about your goals for this new year. Sharing your goals will hold you accountable for your actions and you will get support from everyone around you. So don’t be afraid to share your goals with everyone!  

Start Small!

Photo Credit

Making big changes requires many baby steps to reach your goals. Big changes can be overwhelming which can make just about anyone give up easily. For example, if you are trying to lose weight maybe start focusing on cutting out sugary drinks from your diet for a month. Then the next month you could start counting your calories and so forth.

Keep Going!

Photo Credit

It’s important to understand that life is a journey and it’s ok to get off track sometimes. We aren’t robots! As long as we hop right back on track that’s what really matters. Changing our behavior takes time. It takes 21 days to create a habit! So keep striving for 21 days to help create your goals into a habit.

Ask for Help!

Photo Credit

You never know who may have the answer to your problems. You have to understand that you are not alone on whatever route you take. There have been many people before us that have been through what we are going through now. It’s up to us to reach out and ask for help!

Hello there! I'm Dria and I'm a senior majoring in Digital Communications and Media. In my spare time, I enjoy hanging out with friends and family, taking photos, doing anything nerdy and visiting museums. Follow me on Instagram @_mitochon_dria_ and Twitter @DriaThomas.