Career

HOW TO GROW ON INSTAGRAM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Say RIP to all the like for like comments because Instagram’s current algorithm isn’t a fan of all the fake engagement. In order to grow on the platform, it’s going to take a lot more than just sharing cute pictures of yourself with snazzy captions. Instagram values genuine connections among its users and will push your content to the masses if it seems many people are interacting with it. Here are 4 ways you can surely grow on Instagram:

Post Consistently

If you’re not creating new content for your audience to view every day, then you’re not going to see results! You don’t have to post on your main feed every day, but definitely post a minimum of 3 story posts each day. This will allow you to always have some type of content available to your followers, and a way for them to interact with your posts.

Use engagement stickers

Everyone loves answering those questions, polls, and quiz stickers! So use these to your advantage and implement them every day. These stickers were made with the intention of seeing who interacts most with your stories. The more people interact with them, the more they will see your content appear at the top of their news feeds.

Use CTA’s

Rather than hope for a response from your audience, tell them what you expect of them! If you want them to comment on your posts, ask them a question or state “comment below…” to encourage them to comment! Or you can also tell them to “swipe up” on your stories to make your audience feel comfortable to direct message you. 

Tag Your Locations

ALWAYS tag a location when you post anything on your Instagram! This works similarly to hashtags and will push your content to people who want to see posts from that specific location. Even story posts benefit from using locations! 

It doesn’t take luck to become an influencer or grow an Instagram account. You need an effective social media marketing strategy to allow you to grow your page organically. Don’t stress on growing your page if you’re not posting regularly. You must use the engagement stickers that are available to you! They will help boost your viewers and visibility. What are some hacks you use to help you grow on Instagram?

Natalia Pineiro is a blogger, social media manager, and college student at Florida International University. Born and raised in Miami, Natalia has always adored how she was able to make longlasting friendships and connections with people from all over the world. South Florida is an extremely culturally diverse environment that makes it one of the most unique places in the world and Natalia couldn't be more proud of it. The passion she has for meeting people of different cultures has pushed her to travel to many destinations to explore new languages, food, and more! She loves sharing her experiences through blog posts, video editing, photography, and more!