This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Ever since I was a little girl, self-esteem and confidence was always a struggle I had. Growing up I had absolutely zero confidence in myself and I had the biggest fear of rejection that it made me very hard to trust and open up to people. I never really had many friends growing up and always felt alone. For many years, I tried to work on myself to become more confident and accepting of myself. It was not until I joined my church, Christ Fellowship Young Adults group, and met the most amazing and supportive people of my life that I started to really grow in my journey of self-development.

I had always gone to church since I was 12 years old but never really had a community of other Christian believers to help support and be there with me in my Christian walk. I was also always really uncomfortable and hesitant to join church community groups because I felt socially awkward and felt like I would never fit in with anyone. Therefore, I remained really stagnant in my Christian faith for 5 years and never really saw much spiritual growth. It was not until after I graduated high school and felt lost in the next direction of my life that I finally decided to join Christ Fellowship Young Adult Group. It has been a year since I joined the group and I can say it has honestly been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

As part of the group, I started to meet such amazing, genuine, caring people who helped make me feel supported and who stood by me through all my ups and downs in life. It was because of their kind, supportive, and beautiful characters that I finally for the first time in my life did not feel scared to really open myself up to people and be my true self. I started to finally grow some self-confidence in myself and started to accept myself for who I am. It was also the first time that I really became the most focused and determined in my life to really want to grow in my Christian walk and in my spiritual growth.

I am so happy that as I reflect on how much my life has changed this past year, I can say that I have seen such a huge and positive change in my self-development journey in terms of my spiritual growth, self-confidence levels, and overall joy and satisfaction in life. Most importantly, I owe all of these wonderful changes in my self-development journey to God who has helped deliver me from all my insecurities and deep-rooted hurt I have gone through in my life. He has helped transform me in such an amazing way and has led me to experience such amazing things that have helped me in my self-development journey. There are not enough words for me to describe how grateful and happy I am to have joined my church’s young adult group and to have God’s goodness and faithfulness in my life in all ways. This transition has allowed me to change with growth and experiences.

Here is the link to Christ Fellowship Young Adult Group:https://www.christfellowship.church/young-adults

Hi my name is Amanda! I am a PRACC major and my career goal is to become a content creator marketer or a brand manager for an agency. Some of my hobbies are I love to design, paint, read and write. I also love listening to music, watching movies, and hanging out with my friends! 💗