How to give Bulletproof coffee a shot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Last week, while skimming through pages of some new ‘must order’ drinks for this Fall I stumbled upon the Bulletproof site. If you haven’t heard of Bulletproof it is a science-based company that promises to improve your lifestyle by making you excel in any of your endeavors through their products. What really drew my attention was their “keto-friendly” coffee since I have in the past, on and off, enjoyed some keto-friendly meals. 

On Bu[dget]lletproof

We can’t always spend $250 to grind our coffee beans to perfection, but this doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice brewing up a cup of creamy elixir. It is possible to take the magic of the liquid fuel home with you by adding just 2 tablespoons of grass-fed butter and 1-2 tablespoons of Bulletproof brain octane to your coffee. Want to simplify and make this recipe even more affordable? Substitute the brain octane for coconut oil! Pour these ingredients into your blender of choice and whisk away for 30-45 seconds till your coffee turns into frothy goodness. 

Stay lean when picking a bean

Making bulletproof coffee from home begins with picking the bean that checks of all your boxes for the day that awaits. Most coffee beans are listed as 0 calories under the nutritional facts because they range from only 1-5 calories which are not enough to declare. You can design your favorite cup of coffee to provide you with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory effects, and a healthier mind. Arabic coffee beans can help regulate blood pressure and contains vitamins and minerals which support proper cell functioning in the nervous system. Green bean coffee can help improve blood circulation and Irish coffee will reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Not to mention coffee with an extra supplement of added cream will curb your appetite in order to assist in weight loss. 

How safe is Bulletproof 

Although the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has yet to inform the public of the safety behind the latest way to  A cup of coffee early in the morning has proven to improve the mental focus of any individual and…

When on the run simply tell your local barista to serve you the Bulletproof version of your favorite seasonal drink!

Ana is currently a Junior studying marketing at Florida International University. Once she graduate she will be pursuing a career in brand management in the beauty industry. You can follow her on Instagram: @anmiax