etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Finish the Semester Like a Champ

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We all know the struggle: the first half of Spring semester flies by, the anticipation of spring break exciting. Trips are being planned, the sun has started to set later in the day, and everything feels exciting. Then… spring break happens.

It’s almost as if, within the span of a week, spring semester feels like it never actually started. Suddenly, one cannot remember what time their first class is or what tests are coming up. Group project chats have probably filtered down to the bottom of your message list, and everything that happened leading up to spring break feels like a vague, distant memory. The first Monday back to school probably feels like a bad case of deja vu. Been there.

Though it might be easy to let the ease of spring break slip into the second half of your spring semester, your grades will thank you if you don’t. If you’re looking for some quick motivation to finish Spring semester like a champ, this is it.

First, grab your planner from the metaphorical back of your purse. Whether its a physical, hold-it-in-your-hands planner that has color coordinated symbols for each class, project, and club meeting or the Google Calendar app on your phone, whip it out. Visualizing the next few weeks and making sure you’re well aware of your to-do lists every single day is key for staying motivated and productive.

Second, get to class. If you think missing class immediately after spring break, and thus giving yourself an extra bit of time to soak in the sun, is worth it — it’s not. You’ll only end up prolonging the stress that is bound to come with the onslaught of assignments and deadlines that’ll be waiting for you once you get back to it.

Finally, remember that the end is near. Summer is right around the corner, and for some of us, that means graduating. It’s almost over, and the next few weeks are going to fly by — might as well make the most of it and finish like a champ.

The name is Delanie -- pronounced del uh knee -- and I love to write and wonder about arts, culture, politics, and everything in between. Keep up with me on IG! @delaniegarcia