This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.
Light a Fall Scented Candle

One of my favorite ways to get into the Autumn headspace is to light up some fall-scented candles all over my home. Fall candles have some of my favorite smells of all time, such as Pumpkin Spice, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Vanilla Sage, Blueberry Maple Pancakes, etc. You can find these candles at almost any store like Walmart or Target, but I personally prefer Bath & Body Works. 

Grab a Fall Themed Drink

We all love Starbucks’s season-themed drink – Pumpkin Spice Latte – but there are also other options that you can even make yourself! A quick search on the Internet will introduce you to a plethora of options ranging from Hot Pumpkin Nog to Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate. 

Go Shopping for Some Fall Clothes 

There are so many amazing Fall fashion trends emerging right now, and what better way to feel all the Fall vibes than shopping for some season-friendly clothes? Starting to dress for the weather and the season will get you excited for Autumn, and you will also be able to stock up on some clothes you can use all year round. 

Bake Some Treats

When I think of Fall, I always think of foods and drinks that I typically consume during this season, so it makes sense that this is a big part of getting into the Fall headspace. Baking is always a fun activity, especially if you do it with friends, and with all the extra time that comes along with quarantine, trying some new recipes is a great idea for entertainment. You’ll also get something delicious to eat out of it!

Put on Your Favorite Sweater and Listen to Some Relaxing Music

Fall is always a relaxing season for me – sort of like the calm before the storm that is Winter. For this reason, I am always reminded of Autumn when I put on my favorite cozy sweater and play some of the albums that radiate warmth and relaxation. Recently, Taylor Swift’s Folklore has been this album for me, and it always makes me appreciate the season, especially when I’m also curled up with a good book or just journaling. 

Rachel is currently an English Major at Florida International University. She loves fashion, movies, books, and theater. Her dream is to move to California and work for a publishing company while she auditions for acting roles on the side. The arts are her passion, and this includes writing! If you ever want to discuss any of these things with her, feel free to reach her at her Instagram @rachelglez.