This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The holiday season is among us! That means it’s totally okay to indulge and gain a few pounds. It’s getting cold, so we gotta hibernate!  I recommend you start off your fattening…did I say fattening? I meant bulking (that makes us feel better, right?)….Anyways I recommend you kick off your bulking with these delicious, warm, decadent Hot Cocoa Brownies. I promise they are worth the calories and are the perfect companion to those cozy winter days at home watching Netflix in your Christmas jammies. 

Just look at ’em. Look at that gooey, chocolate, goodness! If you want to make them for yourself, fear no more. Welcome to the Hot Cocoa Brownie Recipe Guide. You can either follow along with my rambles and pictures, or if you just want to skip my logorrhea and get straight to the recipe, feel free to scroll down and the recipe is right there written plain and simple for ya. 

First off the ingredients. I think it’s safe to say we need to know what to put in these bad boys before we can make much less eat them. Simply, take a look at the picture above. 

First, add the brownie mix to a large bowl and then mix in the egg, oil, and milk. The marshmallows are coming. Remember, brownie making is an art and must be done so very carefully. 

Once, you have the brownie mix, the egg, milk and oil well mixed together, nice and creamy and smooth, fold in the marshmallows. FOLD IN! Do not take that mixer or spatula and aggressively mix and stir those marshmallows in there because then those poor little guys will lose their perfect fluffiness. Fold them in there, gently. Oh and add as little or as many as you’d like. This is totally up to preference. 

Once you’re done folding in the marshmallows, pour the batter into an 8 x 8 square pan so the brownies come out nice and thick. Oh, and make sure you spray the pan with nonstick spray before you pour the batter so the brownies don’t stick. Pop them in the oven for for 15-25 minutes at 325 (until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean or just a tad dirty if you like your brownies on the ‘gooeyer’ side). 

Once the brownies are ready, let them cool down, dress them up with some whip cream and Holiday sprinkles and you’re all set and ready to feast. Look at them beauties. I hope you enjoy them as much as I surely did.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

– Kat

Easy Hot Cocoa Brownie Recipe 

Ingredients:

– 1 Box Brownie Mix (Betty Crocker Delight Walnut Brownie Mix)

– Marshmallows

– 1 egg

– 1/3 cup oil

– 1/4 cup milk

Directions

1) Pour the brownie mix into a large bowl and add in the egg, milk, and oil. Mix the ingredients together until smooth.

2) Fold an amount of choice of marshmallows carefully into the batter.

3) Spray an 8 x 8 pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour the batter.

4)  Place the pan into the oven and bake the brownies for 15-25 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean or slightly dirty for a more gooey consistency) at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. 

5) Dress the brownies with whip cream and holiday sprinkles.