Homecoming King Osvaldo Toca ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Nickname: Ozzy

Hometown: Miami, Fl

Year: Senior, Spring 2014

Major: Information Technology

Minor: Entrepreneurship

Involvements at FIU:

Pi Kappa Phi, Homecoming Intern 2012, Employee of the Graham Center (GC Game Room), and Alpha Xi Delta’s Xi Man (Philanthropic Representative)

What are your most recent accomplishments? :

Winning Homecoming King 2013. As a senior here at FIU, choosing to run for HC King would be going out with a bang, win or lose in my eyes, because of all the passion and pride I share with my university. Now that I have won the title of Homecoming King, I can officially say I have lived the “Panther Dream”. 

Do you have any hobbies? If so, what are they?:

Anything sports related, I really enjoy playing and watching football, basketball, & baseball!

What traits do you look for in a woman?:

Fun, down to earth, and outgoing is always a winner in my book.

Self-Description:

I’m a regular dude, trying to do good and enjoy life.

If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?:

Buzz Lightyear was always my favorite character as a kid from my favorite Disney movie Toy Story. I feel he relates to everyone because he was once lost in figuring out his purpose in life but realized that where he was at was exactly where he needed to be all along.

What’s the one thing that you can’t go without in your day and why?:

Giving thanks that I am alive and healthy, along with my family and friends, is something never to take for granted. I like to look on the bright side of things because it can always be worse than your current situation.

Celebrity Crush:

Scarlett Johansson

What are your goals after graduation?:

I would like to coach a high school’s varsity football team. 

Want to nominate our next Campus Cutie? Find out how, here!

Laura Hernandez is the founder of Her Campus FIU.  She is currently a junior and is majoring in Political Science, Women's Studies and International Relations. She is also passionate about writing and communications. Laura thinks that Her Campus FIU is the perfect way to connect with collegiettes at FIU's commuter campus.