This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Luke Perry, best known for his breakout role as Dylan McKay in the tv series “Beverly Hills 90210,” and most recent role as Fred Andrew on the hit CW show, “Riverdale,” passed away. Perry suffered a severe stroke on February 27th and was rushed to the hospital which later led to his death on March 4th at age 52. Perry’s rep confirmed that he passed away with his loved ones by his side.

The passing of Luke Perry had former co-stars, celebrities and fans sending their love via social media.

Riverdale Cast:

A statement from the executive producers of Riverdale, Warner Bros, and The CW was released a day after his passing. “We are deeply saddened to learn about the passing of Luke Perry. A beloved member of the Riverdale, Warner Bros. and CW family, Luke was everything you would hope he would be: an incredibly caring, consummate professional with a giant heart, and a true friend to all. A father figure and mentor to the show’s young cast, Luke was incredibly generous, and he infused the set with love and Kindness. Our thoughts are with Luke’s family during this most difficult time.” Every episode from that moment is now to be in memory to Perry.

Beverly Hill 90210:

On the day Perry had the stoke, Jennie Garth, known as Kelly Taylor, announced that the show is returning this summer. Even though Perry was not returning to the reboot, the show is going to find a way to honor Luke.​

Yazmin is a hospitality student with a focus in event management at Florida International University. She works more events than actually attending them. She's a lover of the very berry hibiscus lemonade from Starbucks, the After series, and a galaxy far far away. You can always find her on campus planning the next event for the student body.