Harry Styles’ Love On Tour Was A Dream Come True

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

So where do I even begin to describe the concert? Harry Styles’ Love on Tour was a concert experience my friends and I were waiting for the past two years. For it being the first concert since the pandemic, it was everything I’d hoped for and more. It was so worth the wait. October 8, 2021 at the FLA Live Arena was a night to remember.

Fashion:

Everyone came dressed to impress. It looked like we were at fashion show. Over 20,000 people were inspired to go all in when it came to their outfits for this concert. There were people that dressed like Styles himself; some dressed like fruit; and others were inspired to dress from a certain decade (Shoutout to the girl in the angel costume and the couple in the sunflower headgear). It was a room filled with bright colors, feather boas, sunglasses, cowboy hats, sunflowers, fruit, merch, and decade inspired outfits. Our looks were inspired by songs: “Fine Line”, “Canyon Moon”, and “Watermelon Sugar“.

Concert:

Just like most concerts, traffic tends to be a problem. Not to mention parking. Luckily, we didn’t have to wait long for either one. Everyone was such in high spirits just walking into the arena. Thank you to the girls that reminded us of the bag policy. Also, thanks for taking pictures with my friend’s sunglasses as she did plan on throwing them at the stage, but we weren’t close enough.

We did come late so we missed Jenny Lewis’ set but the girls behind us told us she did an amazing job. While waiting for Harry Styles to start, the arena played “Olivia” and “Bohemian Rhapsody,” and it got everybody singing along. After waiting, it finally started. The lights went out and the screaming began. The moment he came on and started singing “Golden,” I was mesmerized as that’s my favorite song. He is such an excellent performer and his band was outstanding. The song that really resonated with me was “Lights Up” as the song made me feel like I belonged. It was such an emotional rollercoaster as he had screaming and dancing to one song to crying and hugging our loved ones in the next one. Pretty sure, we all started crying when he sang “Fine Line.” The crowd went crazier than ever once he started singing “What Makes You Beautiful” as many people in the crowd are fans of One Direction, which included my friends. Ending the concert with “Kiwi” was such a smart move as it left us with our hearts pounding and our feet jumping. Not to mention with a smile on our faces even though it was the end of the show.

After the concert we went to get merch as my friends couldn’t leave without getting something. I got merch earlier, so we just made the line and took pictures. Rain started to pour outside as we were getting merch. Yet the rain didn’t ruin our night. As much as we wanted to wait it out, we couldn’t as we had to leave the arena. Before we headed out, an employee gave us an idea to use the umbrella bags to protect our stuff as he saw me ready to use my merch as a cover. (Shoutout to him.) Instead of waiting out the rain, we decided to walk to the car as the rain was pouring down on us. It took us a while to find the car but once we did, we drove off with “Night Changes” playing in the background.

Interaction:

Most people knows that Harry interacts with his audience during his shows. Those in the pit can try to grab his attention with their banners and have a chance to interact with him. 

In the Fort Lauderdale show, there were a couple “it’s my birthday” signs from the pit. Styles went on to ask them if it was their birthday that day. Someone answered him that their birthday was in September, Styles goes on to joke that its October now. He asked someone else and that person answered that it was in the end of June, Styles laughed at that as it was a reference to his song “Watermelon Sugar” and because the birthday was in June. In the end, he found someone whose birthday was coming up and got the arena to sing happy birthday to them.

A 4-year-old girl also got his attention as she had a sign that said, “do you like my outfit?” Harry went on to said she looks like a strong, independent woman. He then kept asking the little girl if she was having fun, if it was too loud, and if she was okay. She said yes to all his questions except the last one. The crowd laughed when she said no because we could relate. We weren’t okay either, we’re freaking out. Harry then went on to say if he should continue, the little girl hesitated for a bit but then nodded excitedly. Harry, with her blessing, continued with the show. 

Experience:

Being in a concert again, felt right. I missed it.  It was an amazing experience that I will treasure forever. My friends made it a more memorable experience and I thank them for letting me experience it with them. So grateful to have been at the concert and see him perform live for the first time. Everyone was in such a positive vibe that you can feel it throughout the arena. It was a night full of laughs, tears, screams, excitement, and love. What a way to welcome back concerts again.

Original photo by: Chelsea Marino
Chelsea Alexandra Marino is a senior at Florida International University, majoring in journalism. She is also pursuing a certificate in music business. Her passions include music, soccer, video games, and Marvel movies.