This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Dieting or eating healthy in general might mean cutting down on sweets big time. Luckily, that isn’t the case. The trick is to find sweet snacks that are low in sugar. Sounds impossible, I know, but there are more than you may think out there. Here are a few that are either low in sugar or othwerwise beneficial to consume.

1. ONE Bars

One Bars are protein bars but unlike some brands with boring flavors and more sugar, they have sweet flavors and only ONE gram of sugar. Plus, each bar contains 20g of protein.

2. Vegan Fudgesicles

Mix one can of coconut milk, 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, and 1/3 cup of maple syrup. Add to popsicle molds, freeze, enjoy! This one’s great for the kids, too!

3. Fruits

While fruits can be high in sugars, they are also high in benefits. Berries, for example, are a great source of antioxidants. It is recommended to not have fruits after 2pm if you are dieting, so the sugars don’t get stored as much. However, if you did, it wouldn’t be terrible compared to ice cream as a late night snack.

4. Koia Plant-Protein Shakes

These are great for on-the-go. With 18g of protein and only 4g of sugar, you don’t have to feel guilty about having a chocolate (Cacao bean) shake. The protein is also vegan-friendly!

5. Unsweetened Almond Milk Smoothies

If you want to make your own at-home-smoothies, unsweetened almond milk is one way to try to keep the sugar as low as possible, compared to dairy milk or sweetened almond milk, for example. With 0 grams of sugar and still 50% Vitamin E and 45% Calcium, you’re still getting necessary nutrients. Suggestions: you can add in fruits, without added sugar; chocolate powder; a scoop of peanut butter.

6.Snickers Smoothie

Blend two bananas, 2 cups of almond milk, 2 dates, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Optional: add coconut/almond milk whip cream.

Daniela is a senior majoring in English Literature and Criminal Justice at Florida International University.