This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

With so many makeup and skincare brands out on the market, it is hard to keep a track of them all. Especially since, a majority of those brands have the same purpose, more or less. If the company’s main focus is makeup, then they are selling makeup to their consumers, who want to enhance their beauty. If the company is focused on skincare, their customers are focused on getting better skin. Every consumer has their brand niche. They have their brand which they love and will continuously buy even if they are running low on funds. One of those brands is Glossier. It has its own cult; a group of dedicated, everyday users, who stand by Glossier’s products. That being said, if every makeup/skincare brand has the same purpose, what exactly makes Glossier different from other companies? It simply comes down to- the message behind the brand, the aesthetics of the brand, and the price point of the products.

“We Make Products Inspired By The People Who Use Them: You” – Glossier

What makes Glossier attractive in the first place is that the company focuses on their users. The whole message behind Glossier is, YOU. Glossier sheds light on the fact that the company wants their customers to be themselves. Focus on skin first, and then, makeup comes second. One reason why Glossier has been successful among customers is because they ask their customers what they want or need. Whatever consumer concerns may be, Glossier has the solution. It is very much based on the individual. The message of individuality was rare to find in the early 2010’s among makeup/skincare companies. However now, more makeup and skincare companies are shifting their game plan on the individual needs on consumers.

“You Can’t Buy Vision, and You Can’t Buy Aesthetics” – Travis Scott

When it comes to Glossier’s aesthetics, Travis Scott is wrong. A huge portion of Glossier’s success comes from their aesthetics. From the website to the products, it screams fresh, fun, and simple. With color schemes of white, Millennium Pink, and black, the website looks like a blog waiting to invite it’s users into the world of Glossier. Along with aesthetics, comes the pictures. Every picture on the Glossier website is a different model, that can vary in skin tone, and, who are fresh and naturally faced. There is something about Glossier’s aesthetics that emphasizes that there is no hassle when using their product. 

“Money often costs too much.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of the biggest dilemmas anyone can face is, trying to improve on their makeup/skincare game without breaking the bank. It is extremely hard to find well-performing products under a certain budget. However, with Glossier, they have products at every price range. Most of their products range from $12-$28. While there are some products that are $9 like their Milk Jelly Cleanser to their most expensive product, a $60 fragrance. There is a product for any budget, for anyone.

If you are curious or a die hard fan of Glossier, then you are in luck! Glossier is in Miami for a short period of time! Glossier has a pop up store in Wnywood and will be in Miami until April 28th! 

Hi! My name is Sonya Islam. I am currently studying International Business at Florida International University. Some of my favorite things to do is constantly read up on pop culture, keep up with politics, and watching tv to relax. Those are actually some of my passions and hopefully, that passion is translated into the articles I write.