This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We’ve all been there. It’s girls’ night but you’re out of ideas and almost out of money. Whether you want to stay in or go out, we’ve got you covered! Open up your planner, write some of these ideas down, and call your girlfriends!

1. TV show marathon

Choose your favorite show and watch an entire season, if you’re feeling ambitious. I highly recommend Sex and The City, Gilmore Girls, or Gossip Girl for a girl’s night in. You can order some pizza, bake, or even make your own cocktails.

2. Painting With a Twist (with a twist)

You could actually go to Painting With a Twist, but if you’d like the more comfortable and less expensive version of it, stop by your local crafts store, purchase a few canvas and paint and voila! You’re ready to have your own version. If it’s day time you could maybe go to a park or the beach and paint. Maybe try to paint the sunset in front of you. If it’s night-time and you just want to be in your pjs, paint from the comfort of your home. Wine: optional.

3. Free Workout Class

Lots of places offer their first class for free. Look up some of your local gyms and ask them if they do. If you’re in south Florida, I know The Box offers the first class you take with them is for free. It’s an hour-long group exercise class, each day focused on a different body area and some days covering full body workouts. You can message Janelly or Norwin for more details! It’s a great way to bond with your friends and get closer to your fitness goals. Tip: wear workout clothes that you feel great in, it’ll help you look forward to working out.

4. Reuse and Recycle: Vision Boards

Cut up any old magazines or newspapers, grab some glue, a $1 board from Walmart, and create your future. This doesn’t take much skill and your cutouts don’t have to be straight nor perfect! Order some take-out, and play some of your favorite tunes.

Photo: Amazer

5. Ladies Night at Your Local Bar

From Thursdays-Sundays odds are there’s a lady’s night at most of your local bars/clubs. If you’re into dancing and/or want to live your best Sex and The City cocktail loving life, ladies night is the cheapest option. Often, places will offer women free drinks until midnight.Tip: drink responsibly, split an Uber with your friends, and always be vigilant when someone prepares your drink.

6. 100 Montaditos $1 Wednesdays

If you live in South Florida, yummy $1 mini sandwiches are only a few miles away. If you and your girl gang are foodies, what better way to celebrate woman crush Wednesday than by trying a variety of new montaditos?

Photo: La Bicicleta Verde

7. Thrift Shop/Hop

Okay so you want to go shopping but don’t have much money or you simply love thrifts. Thrift hopping is an adventure and you never know what you’ll find. You could even do a challenge like setting a budget of $20 per person or looking for pieces that fit a certain style (i.e. make an entire outfit using only men’s clothing).

Photo : Marla Catherine

8. Impromptu Photo Shoot

If you’re into photography, or just want to have fun in front of a camera, this one’s for you. Whether with an iPhone or an actual camera, it’ll sure be fun. It could be pajama themed, edgy, or have a studio vibe. Anything you want. My girlfriends and I recently did this, and it was awesome! We gathered in my room, used a ring light, my DSLR, and a stool. Tip: Disposable cameras are only about $13 at your local CVS and make for fun shots.

Photo: Los Angeles Times

9. Sunset Picnic

Whether at the beach or at the park, sunset picnics will always be Insta-worthy. Grab a blanket, split the food and drinks, and expenses among all of you. No reservations needed. Tip: this is a great way to do Galentine’s day. Who needs a boyfriend, when you have girlfriends who know all your secrets and your angles?

Photo: ChasingCarpeDiem

10. Closet Clean Out / Fashion Show

Odds are, you have clothing in your closet that ages as far back as middle school. If you haven’t worn it in a year, try it on for your girlfriends and let them decide if you should toss or keep! It’d be a great way to gather up some items to donate, make space in your closet (will we ever really have space in our closets?), and have a few laughs as you travel back in time to your different, maybe regrettable, style eras.

Photo: MarshallsandMimosas

Daniela is a senior majoring in English Literature and Criminal Justice at Florida International University.