Gift Guide For Him: Valentine’s Day Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

It’s that time of the year people! Valentine’s day is slowly creeping up on us and if you have a special man in your life and have no clue what to get him, hopefully this guide will give you some form of insight. Whether it’s been 3 months, or a full year, you are bound to find the right gift for that special person. 

Let’s start off with the most obvious one….. 

1. cologne

you cannot go wrong with this one, it is truly a staple and it is something that he would be using everyday. Not to mention, he will probably be thinking of you every time he wears it. 

2. sneakers, socks, or a wallet

If you are not sure about getting him cologne, other options could be sneakers, socks, or a wallet. you’ll get extra points if you get him those shoes he is always talking about or get him a new wallet to replace that old beat up one that he always carries 

3. Tickets to his favorite sports team 

If your guy has a love for sports then this would be the perfect gift. Treat him to a day ( or night), with his favorite sports team. This a gift that he will truly be able to enjoy, and who knows maybe you guys will end up on the kiss cam which could be your worst nightmare if you’re not into PDA but at least you’re in it together! 

4. Amazon’s Alexa 

If your man is into technology then Alexa could be the solution to your gift giving stress. This device works as a speaker and will have the answer to about any question he will have. If you both have busy schedules, all you have to do is ask Alexa to set up a reminder for that special date and you’ll be set!

5. food, food, and more food. 

They don’t say “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”, for nothing. Treat him to a nice meal, whether you guys go out or you decide to show off your cooking skills. Treating him to his favorite foods will show that you pay attention to what he likes.

6. Anything personalized 

There are a bunch of websites that will allow to create just about anything with his initials, or with a special moment, date, or message that you both keep dear to your hearts. Whether it be a phone case, picture frame, or personalized boxers (yes those exist). 

Whatever you choose to get him, just make sure it comes from the heart. It’s not all about the gifts, it should just serve as a nice detail. However, be sure to get something appropriate, you DON’T want to get a super expensive or personal gift to someone you’ve been talking to for a short period of time. Whether, you’re spending the day with a special person, with family, or your best friends; I hope you enjoy your valentine’s day and remember its not all about the romance. Its a day to recognize all forms of love, which is something we should be doing everyday! 

– 

K