October is finally here to commence the best three months of the year, a.k.a. HalloThanksMas! The beginning of this holiday season, brings along pumpkin spice everything, cute decorations, and plenty of fun events with it to Miami! There are all types of things to do this month ranging from casual family fun to super spooky horror houses to get you into the Halloween spirit! Here is a list of things to do to get your spook on:
- Pumpkin Patch at Pinto’s Farm – September 29th-October 28th, Saturdays and Sundays Pumpkin carving, pedal boating, race karts, scarecrow forest, and plenty more things to do!
- Ghost Tours and Spookovers at the Deering Estate – Multiple dates Do you believe in ghosts? Experience Miami’s most haunted house for yourself. However, know you may see and hear things that are not physically there.
- Paranoia Miami – All year round actually, but what better time to go than in October? Are you afraid of the dark? Do you dare? Will you survive or chicken out? Conquer your fears in a dark mysterious maze, that is if you can.
- Movie at the Park: Hocus Pocus! – Friday, October 12th Come, little children. The time’s come to play. Here in my garden, of shadows… Enjoy the Halloween classic at Dante Fascell Park.
- #HashtagLunchbag Miami, Halloween Edition – Saturday, October 20th Help spread some spooky love for Halloween by getting involved in the movement, and giving away some treats through the form of lunchbags.
- Thriller Halloween Music Festival – Friday, October 19th and Saturday, October 20th Enjoy live music from three different stages, a costume contest, vendors, and even a Thriller Zombie Flash Mob.
- Spooky Science Monster Mash at the Frost Museum, Saturday, October 27th Enjoy the Frost Science Museums new Creatures of Light: Nature’s Bioluminescence exhibition with an interesting “bone-chilling” twist. You might even see a pumpkin floating around in the water.
- Pirates of the Wharf – Saturday, October 27th, 21+ crowd. Miami hot spot, The Wharf, will be transforming into a pirate fortress! Put on a costume, and enjoy a night full of dancing, drinking, and scallywagging.
- 4th Annual Monster Bar Crawl in Brickell – Saturday, October 27th, 21+ crowd. Haunt the streets of Brickell in this massive bar crawl, with five free drinks and specials at Baru, Fado Irish Pub, Craftsman, Blackbird Ordinary, and more venues to be announced.
- Howl-O-Ween – Monday, October 29th This one is for the four legged ghosts and their scary looking humans. Bring your puppers to Pinecrest Gardens for tricks and treats for them, some human food, and entertainment.
And on Halloween day itself, we have:
- Halloween on the Mile – Head to Miracle Mile for some trick or treating, costume contests, and some family good time.
- HalloWyn – Wynwood’s very own Halloween Block Party which will have over 20 of Miami’s best food trucks, music, and much more!
- 2nd Annual Fright Night Bar Crawl in Wynwood – (21+ crowd.) Halloween swag, candy, and five free drinks at SHOTS, Butcher Shop, La Poderosa, Centro, and more venues to be announced.