This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This may not be the cover of GQ Gabe is looking for, but until then he holds this week’s campus cutie title. Proving to be the full package, here is what Gabriel Alonso had to say during our interview.

-Age:

·19

-Major:

·Accounting and Finance

-What year are you?

·Sophomore

-What are your involvements on campus?

·      2015 Panther Camp Facilitator

·      2015-2016 Dance Marathon Morale Captain

·      Brother of Pi Kappa Phi 

-What has been your favorite involvement and why?

·Besides PiKapp, being a Panther Camp Facilitator had to be my favorite involvement. It helped me gain a lot of confidence in myself and become a leader on and off campus. I also developed amazing relationships with the rest of the team and many of the campers and I know that those friendships will last a lifetime. Panther Camp changed many lives for the better and I’m so proud to have been a part of it.

-Who is your role model?

·My role model has always been my brother who is about 7 years older than me. Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve always tried to follow in his footsteps, whether if it’s by playing baseball all my life, or by becoming a PCF just like him, or even becoming a brother of Pi Kappa Phi just like him, I’ve always tried to be like him. He is my best friend and our relationship means the world to me.

-Where do you see yourself in ten years?

·In ten years, I would love to be on track to becoming an executive at a well-known company. Although I don’t know exactly where I want to go yet, I know I want to follow my dad’s footsteps since he was once the Chief Financial Officer of companies like Pepsi and Coke in Latin America. I would love to be there in 10 years and maybe be on the cover of GQ (kind of joking but not really). 

-Describe what you would consider a perfect date:

·A perfect date for me would be something that I’ve never done before like skydiving or maybe even a cooking class, something that lets us experience something new together. Another idea would be to go to a Heat or Marlins game if she happens to be into sports because I LOVE watching sports.

-Do you have any advice for students looking to get involved but are afraid of it being too time consuming?

·The advice I would give is that you’re only in college once, so make the most of it. FIU has so many opportunities to get involved, some more time consuming than others. If you want, start off slow but the important thing is to start. With the right time management, handling everything won’t be too hard and I promise you won’t regret it. When I first started, I heard from a couple older brothers in my fraternity that once you get involved, it becomes addicting and that has been so true.