Free Events to Attend this Women’s History Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

March is Women’s History Month. It’s a time to reminiscence and celebrate the changes women have paved for gender equality.  Here is a list of local events you could attend in celebration of Women’s History Month!

UN Women 7th Annual 5k RUN/WALK: End Violence against Women and Children

This event is hosted by UN Women Miami Chapter and UN Women club at FIU in support of raising money for UN Women’s efforts to end violence against women and children. This event will take place on the Biscayne Bay Campus at FIU outside near the aquatic center on Match 30th at 8 am. This is a FREE event for FIU students – and don’t forget to use the code FIURUNS2019 to register using the link below!

For more information/RSVP

Miramar’s Women’s Empowerment Luncheon

The women Empowerment Luncheon is a FREE event hosted by Vice Mayor Yvette Colbourne at the Miramar Cultural Center March 22nd from 12-2:30 pm. The guest speaker will be Angela Ry, a CNN correspondent, attorney/principal, and CEO of IMPACT strategies. She will spread her wisdom as a successful career driven woman.

For more information/RSVP

Seventh Annual Women In Science  

Are you a STEM major? This event is for you! The Seventh Annual Women In Science event will be at FIU in the Graham Center room 355 March 18th at 9 am. This event is a FREE event for all of FIU! This event will focus on women in STEM-related fields and their struggles as well as their successes in a  male-dominated field. Breakfast refreshments and lunch will be provided!

For more information/RSVP

Celebration of Visionary Women

The Celebration of Visionary Women event will be hosted by INN DA House, Inc. in collaboration with the Democratic Women’s Club Miami Gardens and held on March 30th from 25:30 pm at the North Miami Dade Library. The guest speaker will be the former Florida Representative Cynthia Stafford and a panel of successful career driven women will be featured including the former mayor of Miami Gardens Shirley Gibson, Miami Gardens Councilwoman Lillie Q. Odom and much more.  There will be various activities to participate in such as women’s history trivia, self-care for women, networking opportunities and so much more! Also, this event is a FREE event that includes door prizes and refreshments.

For more information/RSVP

Hello there! I'm Dria and I'm a senior majoring in Digital Communications and Media. In my spare time, I enjoy hanging out with friends and family, taking photos, doing anything nerdy and visiting museums. Follow me on Instagram @_mitochon_dria_ and Twitter @DriaThomas.