Four Upper East Side Looks…On a Budget!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This being my first HerCampus article, I wanted to make sure it was about something I absolutely loved. Gossip Girl is definitely a show I just cannot seem to get enough of… the cute boys, the scandalous rivalries, and of course, the coveted glamorous world of fashion! Being that these characters are Manhattan’s Elite, their clothes and sense of style do not fall very far behind that moniker. In fact, sometimes the garments seem to be even classier and more luxurious than the characters who service them!

I know what you all are thinking… how totally unfair! Although these trust-fund babies seem to spend $10,000 on a single pair of Louboutin’s, us damsels on a budget can definitely afford Blair’s glamorous headband or Serena’s dazzling accessories for MUCH cheaper and even MUCH cuter!

• Blair Waldorf’s School Girl Outfit

Blair’s most basic look and one that I believe most girls can get for under $40! The look to the right is from Forever 21: the shorts are $10, the blouse $18, and the necklace $14. Nothing says fab like a fashionable save!

• Serena’s Out on the Town Look

Serena’s known for her casual yet chic out on the town looks. Get this look for under $70! The tank top, purse, and heels are all from Charlotte Russe together for $52, and   the shorts from H&M are $17!

• Jenny Humphrey’s Night Out

Jenny has been known to be rougher around the edges, and you too can get this edgy look too without being banned to the outskirts of Manhattan! The black romper, necklaces, furry purse, and booties are all from Love Culture for under $80!

• Vanessa’s Boho Chic Look

Vanessa is known for her boho chic outfits. Snag the elite look with this dress from Francesca’s for only $54!

With any of these trendy yet affordable looks, you can expect to rise to the top of the elite…without having to tap into your trust fund!

Gabriela Millan is a Freshman at Florida International University studying Business Administration. She hopes to attend law school in New York City and graduate with a MBA and JD. Although she is still only beginning her collegiate journey, Gabriela believes it is important to be very involved on and off campus. She is an intern for the Student Government Association and a member of a Panhellenic organization.