This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Florida’s clear beaches and palm trees are not the only ideal sight and experience the state has to offer. These natural treasures are not hiding in South Beach, they are hiding by the rivers and forests. There are more than 25 springs spread throughout the west coast, central and north regions of the state.

Here are names of Springs that should be on your bucket list:

• Ginnie Springs– High Springs, FL
  • Silver Springs– Silver Springs, FL
  • Rainbow Springs– Rainbow Springs, FL
  • Juniper Springs– Juniper Springs, FL
  • Three Sisters Springs– Crystal River, FL
  • Devil’s Den Springs– Williston, FL

One afternoon, a few friends and I took a road trip to Ginnie Springs, located on the south side of the Santa Fe River in Ghilchrist County, Florida. The site could not compare to anything I have ever seen before, nor what I expected to find in north Florida. For reasonable prices, we were able to rent snorkeling gear and paddle boards; other rental gear at the site included kayaks, inner tubes, and scuba diving equipment. The great thing about visiting the springs is that it’s for all ages, making it a great time for a family or friends outing.

Do not forget, these are just to name a few, there are many more picturesque springs throughout the state. Before visiting the springs, it is important to know what to expect and what to pack. Many of the parks require an entrance fee, whether it is per person or per car — each site differs. The admission fee also does not include the gear, such as, the ones I previously mentioned, so if you have your own, I recommend bringing it or bring extra money to rent through the park.

Visiting the springs should be on your summer bucket-list or even for a spontaneous getaway weekend, just make sure you check the weather before you go!