Flight Essentials for the Globetrotters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Flight Essentials for the Globetrotters

There’s nothing more exciting than confirming flight tickets, planning a trip, imagining cute outfits in your head and going on Pinterest and finding the most aesthetic and picturesque go-to spots. But in the midst of all this planning and excitement, next thing you know, the countdown is almost over… and it’s time to have your packing mode: on. With that, here are some flight essentials to make the traveling a little more fun and cozy!

1. Comfortable Clothing

I always come across girls who post the CUTEST pictures of their travel outfit–though, their outfit may not be the most suitable for a flight, in all honesty. When going on a flight, especially a long haul flight, being comfortable is key. Make sure to pack something that’ll be suitable for comfort–sweatshirt, leggings, sneakers, some warm socks in your carry-on and for a little something more, try wearing a cute messy bun.

2. Entertainment Essentials

Being the most impatient person to ever exist, bringing in-flight entertainment essentials are a definite must for me. On flights, I usually buy or download a movie on my laptop, create a playlist, download apps to play on my phone, and bring a book. When packing your bags, here are some items you should keep in mind:

• Laptop and/ or iPad

• Book and magazines

• Headphones

• Journal

• Chargers

3. Miscellanous:

When packing for what you’re going to need for your flight, make sure to not forget these goodies.

• Moisturizer: Being up in the air can really dry your skin up, bring a moisturize to hydrate your skin mid-flight to feel refreshed and rejuvenated.

• Neck Pillow: Passing time on flights is my favorite thing to do, and another of my favorite things to do is: sleep. Bringing a neck pillow will help you get your beauty sleep the most comfortable way possible on a flight.

• Snacks: I wouldn’t say I can necessarily rave about airplane food, therefore I always make sure to bring a snack or buy a meal beforehand.

• Roller-Ball Perfume: Not only are these travel sized, but these are so essential after long travel days to smell as if you haven’t been traveling hours.

Luisa is a freshman at Florida International University majoring in Public Relations, Advertising, and Applied Communications. Not only does she love to write, but she enjoys a good aesthetic. She loves to travel, find cute spots in Miami (or elsewhere), take photos wherever she goes, and especially being Colombian, she loves to have her daily dose of coffee!