This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

While October is typically filled with Mean Girls memes, Halloween costumes and everything pumpkin-spice, this month is about a lot more. October is dedicated to Breast Cancer awareness. In support of the fight against cancer, many brands have launched campaigns to donate to the cause.

H&M

H&M recently launched “Close To My Heart”, a bra collection designed for women fighting against breast cancer around the world. The collection is made up of sports bras, bralettes, and soft-cup bras. Along with this, H&M and its partner, the American Cancer Society (ACS), are working toward a goal of raising $125,000 for breast cancer research. 100 percent of the proceeds from the Close To My Heart collection will be donated to ACS.

Ralph Lauren

The Pink Pony campaign is led by Ralph Lauren and is in partnership with the Pink Pony Fund of The Polo Ralph Lauren Foundation. The fashion brand has launched their “Live Love” light pink t-shirts where 100 percent of the purchase price will be donated to this fund. 25 percent of the proceeds from other items in the Pink Pony collection will be donated to an international network of cancer charities.

Sam Edelman

Sam Edelman is showing their support this month by donating 25 percent of its sales from the pink “Tinsley” boot to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

New Balance

The activewear label, New Balance, will donate 5 percent of the proceeds made from their “Pink Ribbon 990v4” sneaker to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.  New Balance guarantees a minimum donation of $500,000.

Nadia is a senior at Florida International University pursuing a major in Public Relations and a minor in Social Media Marketing . In addition to writing, she has a zeal for anything related to fashion and beauty. Nadia loves to travel and experience new cultures, not to mention trying delicious foods on the way. In her free time, she enjoys watching funny dog videos.