Fernando Trillo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Our Campus Cutie this week is Fernando Trillo! Fernando is an incredibly driven guy who strives to succeed in all does. Check out the interview below to find out more about this Campus Cutie!

Age: 21

Major: Chemistry & Psychology

Hometown: Havana, Cuba

Relationship Status: Taken (Sorry ladies, he’s off the market)

Hobbies: Sports junkie, movies and watching my favorite TV shows which are: The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and How To Get Away With Murder. 

What organizations are you involved in on campus?

I’m a brother of Pi Kappa Phi and currently the Director of Service, which coordinates and executes everything regarding our philanthropy, The Ability Experience. I also serve as one of the Directors of Morale for Dance Marathon. My last active involvement is being part of Order of the Torch.

What made you want to be a part of these organizations?

Something that drives me to succeed is that I always want to leave something better than when i came into it. That has been my biggest motivation in the case of all of my involvements. When it came to being in a fraternity, I never really thought that would be my scene. However, I could not pass up the opportunity to surround myself with exceptional leaders such as the ones found in Pi Kappa Phi. I wanted to grow as an individual and help my organization excel as well.

What has been your most memorable experience as an FIU Golden Panther?

My most memorable experience was my fourth session as a Panther Camp Facilitator. I have always had great self-confidence but being a mentor for incoming students as sophomore boosted my morale that much more. Seeing the growth within your campers and hearing such great feedback about my work let me know that I can do it all.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

In ten years I see myself with my dream job, which is being an Optometrist.

What advice would you give to fellow students?

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall”  – Confucius

I strive to live by that quote. In life, you will face adversity, but it’s how you respond to which defines who you are.

Anything else you’d like to add?

I’m no one today without the love and support I receive from my family, my mentors, my brothers, my peers and loving girlfriend. Thank you fro allowing me to share a little bit about me.