This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

There is no doubt that fashion is constantly changing and it’s hard to keep up with. 2018 left us many trends that still remain in 2019 and will stay for at least six more months. Here are five of them that are taking over in the streets and on Instagram feeds.

Hair Accessories

Scrunchies, bobby pins, hair clips and headbands are trendy right now and are not planning to go for a long time. More and more influencers and celebrities are filling Instagram feeds with this cute and classy style that brings out memories of childhood days.

Image by Blank Itinerary.

Neon Colors

Shoes, bags, skirts, shorts and tops of any neon color counts! As seen first on Kim Kardashian, this trend is coming back from the 90s and it’s impossible not to look flawless and fierce. Pro tip: wearing a neon bikini will make the skin look extra tan!

Image by Instagram @chiaraferragni 

Cowboy Boots

Hard to not wear these! Cowboy boots go with jeans, shorts and dresses; the more colorful, the better.

instagram: @ariviere

Bike Shorts

Like it or not, they are a thing. Bike shorts were presented during fashion month runways, and more celebrities and influencers are less scared to wear them, despite so many people critiiquing the trend. They are also considered a major fashion trend in 2019 by WhoWhatWear.

Image by Daily Mail

Animal Print

This was the highlight of 2018 and no doubt it will be the same for 2019. From leopard print to tigers and zebras, this trend will always remain chic. Print is the new black, and you can never go wrong with it. 

Image by Princess Polly 

Lucia Grijalva is an International student from Nicaragua majoring in journalism at Florida International University. She is a staff writer for Her Campus FIU and a contributor for Inspicio Magazine. After she graduates she plans to pursue a degree in fashion design.