Fan-Favorite, Zhavia, Gets Eliminated on ‘The Four’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Singing competitions have become extremely popular, ever since ‘American Idol’ took over our TV sets and Justin Bieber proved that any regular kid can become a star.  With all the hype of getting into the music business, the Fox Channel created a new TV show called ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’. Like any other singing contest, the winner gets a record contract. But in this show, in order to get that price at the end, you literally have to battle for it. Let me explain, contestants have to sing a solo in front of a panel of judges and an audience. After their first number, the judges decide anonymously if they have what it takes to challenge any member of ‘the four’. Who are ‘the four’ you may ask?  They are four singers who where chosen by the judges prior to the show. If the judges like the contestant, then the contestant chooses one member of the four they want to challenge. But this time, the audience is the one who chooses who did better. The winner gets to stay as part of ‘the four’ and the loser goes home. The same cycle continues with every contestant that comes out on stage.

FUN FACT: The famous panel of judges include: Sean Combs(P.Diddy), DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor and Charlie Walk. 

Every week, members of the original ‘four’ where eliminated and the first contestant to dethrone one of the OG members was a 16-year-old girl named Zhavia. On the first episode, she won the judges hearts with her vocals and unique swag. Zhavia challenged the 22-year-old Elanese Lansen. By the audience’s vote, Zhavia beat Elanese and got her seat on ‘the four’. 

Photo of Zhavia from: https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=h…

The second week, no new contestant challenged Zhavia so she was safe on that episode. On the third week, she beat her challenger once again, even with a sore thoat. Every other member of ‘the four’ that once sat next to Zhavia, kept getting eliminated except her. The crowd loved her! But on week four, all of that changed. 

Contestant, Kendyle Paige, took on the stage and was mentally prepared to challenge Zhavia. The two battled it out, but according to the judges, Zhavia did not do her best performance. But it was up to the audience to choose if Zhavia should stay as member of ‘the four’ or if Kendyle had the talent to replace her. The audience voted for Kendyle!! Many fans of the show and even one of the judges was surprised at the outcome. Meghan Trainor was in tears because she loved Zhavia and believed she deserved to stay. Some of Zhavia’s fans even took to Twitter to show how hurt they were and threatened to not see the show until Zhavia came back. 

Diddy had to remind Meghan and the audience that this a battle and you have to bring your “A game” to every performance you give. 

Watch the battle here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQTpsx6S3bA 

It’s not too late to join in on the fan base and watch ‘The Four’. Tune in every Thursday at 8/7c on FOX! 

Cover photo: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSud8MaWAAEgY3m.jpg

I'm a puertorican leaving in Miami! Currently a senior at FIU majoring in journalism with a minor in spanish.