Red Bull car driven by Max Verstappen at the Miami Grand Prix
Original photo taken by Laura Jadzinsky

How The Saudi Arabia Grand Prix Lived Up to Expectations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The Formula One World Championship has continued its season, with the latest race taking place in Saudi Arabia. The Jeddah Street Circuit hosted the first-ever Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, which promised excitement and thrills to fans all around the world. With the championship still up for grabs, the race was crucial for the teams and drivers looking to make their mark.

The Jeddah Street Circuit is one of the fastest street circuits in the world, with long straights and high-speed corners that put the drivers’ skills and bravery to the test. The circuit features 27 corners over its 6.175km length and, with speeds reaching up to 330km/h, it’s one of the most challenging tracks on the calendar.

The race started with Lewis Hamilton on pole position, followed by his teammate Valtteri Bottas and Red Bull’s Max Verstappen in third. The start was clean, free of incidents in the opening laps. Hamilton maintained his lead, while Verstappen quickly overtook Bottas to take second place.

The race continued with Hamilton in the lead, closely followed by Verstappen. The two drivers were pushing each other to the limit, with Verstappen showing incredible pace and skill to keep up with the seven-time world champion. However, disaster struck for Verstappen on Lap 39, as he suffered a puncture on his left rear tire, forcing him to pit for a new set.

The incident allowed Hamilton to pull away and extend his lead, putting him in a comfortable position to take the win. Bottas was running in third, with Sergio Perez in fourth, and Lando Norris in fifth. As the laps ticked down, Hamilton remained in control, crossing the line to take his seventh win of the season and his 103rd career victory.

Verstappen recovered from his puncture to finish in second place, and Bottas reached the podium to place third. Perez finished fourth, while Norris came home in fifth, both securing valuable points for his team.

The Saudi Arabian Grand Prix was a fantastic race, with plenty of drama and excitement from start to finish. Hamilton’s victory sees him extend his lead in the championship, with Verstappen now 14 points behind him. The race also showcased the drivers’ incredible talent and skill as they pushed themselves and their cars to the limit on one of the most challenging circuits in the world.

The first-ever Saudi Arabian Grand Prix was a huge success, and fans are already looking forward to next year’s race. The championship battle continues to heat up, and it remains to be seen who will come out on top when the season comes to an end.

Hello, my name is Laura Jadzinsky, and I am currently in my first year of FIU. I moved to Miami when I was 13 years old, back in 2017, from Sao Paulo, Brazil. When growing up I was raised with two different cultures in my house, my dad being Argentinian, and my mom being Brazilian; you can imagine how many fights there are about soccer. I grew up always loving books and reading anything that I could, and that led me to create a passion for writing, I have always done it as a hobby. More recently I have been loving to write about sports, any kind of sport, but especially Formula 1. I have been watching Formula 1 since I was very little with my dad, and I have always had a passion for it, so now writing about it is extremely fun. Another one of my passions apart from writing is computers and software, and that is why I am now studying Computer Science here at FIU. This is another topic that I also love writing about, new software, new discoveries I love it all. Hopefully, this allows you to get to know me a little better!