This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

“A woman who is turned on is so much more than JUST her sexuality. A woman turned on is a woman standing for her freedom, her embodied emotions, her power” – Sister Goddess Maegan Free. The Experience is a two-day event, created and hosted by Regena Thomashauer, or Mama Gena. It takes women on a revolutionary, empowering, and profoundly healing journey to find their Divine Feminine. Over the course of 20 years, Mama Gena has written a number of books, all of which are best sellers, created a Mastery Program, and has traveled all over the world through the roll of teacher and student, touching the lives of women everywhere.

So, who is Mama Gena and why is she doing all of this?

“I am here to reclaim the eternal, grief-soaked majesty of the Feminine — from within a culture that doesn’t know what that even means yet. I am here to uphold the exquisite wholeness of women. I am here to celebrate our darkness, our rage, and our grief. And then, I am here to turn on our joy. I am here for our bodies — bruised, depleted, shamed, and worthy, right, perfect, beautiful, hot, wise. Alive. I am here for orgasm and lust. For the virgin and the whore, who is all of us. And I am here for sisterhood”  Mama Gena.

We as women have been conditioned by the Patriarchal World Culture to silence our Feminine. Whether we are conscious of it or not, it is being taught in our culture. With the absence of the Feminine, that is truly when the world suffers most. Luckily, nature calls for balance. And the shift for that balance has already begun. Once we turn the focus on ourselves, the rest will follow. In healing ourselves, we heal the collective. Something Mama Gena expresses frequently is the importance of sisterhood, especially through our healing process. It is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves, which in turn, has a rippling effect to the women around us. Empowered women, empower women. Women are soft but fierce, delicate but strong; nurturer and destroyer, warrior and goddess. Instead of turning on each other, we need to turn to each other. “We are all radiant sisters. Now it is time to heal within ourselves and gain back our balance, to empower ourselves and to empower one another” – Sister Goddess Maegan Free.

Through “The Experience”, Mama Gena gives women a taste of what The Womanly Arts Mastery Program entails. A few topics that Mastery dives into are: our turn on, unlocking our emotional range, and connecting with our deepest desires. Through this, Mastery lets women experience sisterhood in its raw form. Mastery dives into many aspects of ourselves that we neglect or don’t spend enough time with. Aspects that are necessary for growth and healing; to help us to move forward and connect with our turn on, our power. “The Experience” is the sparknotes for the Womanly Arts Mastery Program. Unfortunately, “The Experience” from last month and the upcoming Mastery Program in April are the last ones that will ever be held. Mama Gena feels called to bring these two experiences to an end, while she and her amazing Team Pleasure work on bringing these experiences back in a whole new way. Mama Gena has yet to give any details for what is to come for the School of Womanly Arts, but she has assured us that it is only the beginning. In the meantime, a great introduction to this work is one of Mama Gena’s best sellers, P*ssy: A Reclamation. I, alongside many women, can attest to the way that book has changed our lives.

To stay in the loop, you can sign up for Mama Gena’s weekly newsletter on her website. She is also very active on her social media accounts on instagram and facebook!

Andrea is a junior at Florida International University, studying hospitality. She has a passion for the environment, music, theatre, movies, and healthy living. Having been in the retail industry for over 3 years, she is currently exploring employment in the food industry. After years of theatre and music training, Andrea is using HER Campus as another creative outlet.