This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

What better way to officially kick off the fall season than by attending authentic local events? Whether you’re into music, local art, craft beer or want to get the best out of your Halloween celebrations, Miami is offering an array of choices to book your month of October with must-see attractions at famous venues you won’t want to miss. Here are just a few choices in case you find yourself wondering how to best kick-off this spectacular holiday season:

1). III Points Music, Art & Technology Festival

From Oct. 13-15, the festival will be hosting its fifth year in the vast Mana Wynwood where festival goers can experience a variation of stages and art installations from local artists. The festival will feature indie-rock and electronic dance sets from a range of big and local artists including The XX, Gorillaz, Kaytranada, Rüfüs du Sol, Jacuzzi Boys, Deaf Poets and many more. According to SouthFlorida.com, co-founders David Sinopoli and Erica Freshman say, “Each day of the festival will have a different look, with stages and art installations appearing in new areas and configurations from one day to the next.” In addition to the art, music and technology, local food vendors including Salty Donut, Coyo Taco, Boss Burger and Brew, Pizza Tropical and many more will be in attendance. The full lineup and ticket information can be found on the festival site.

2. Grovetoberfest

After taking place in the Miami Marine Stadium last year, the largest craft beer festival has returned to its roots and will be taking place Oct. 14 at Peacock Park located in Coconut Grove. Visitors can enjoy unlimited samples of hundreds of beers from all over the world as well as local ones brewed right in our own community. Attendees can enjoy live music as well as grab a delicious bite to eat provided by Grove Bay Hospitality Group chefs. To learn more about Grovetoberfest and tickets, you can visit the site.

3. Wynwood Fear Factory 

Taking place at the infamous RC Cola Plant located in Wynwood from Oct. 28 to Oct. 29, this mini music festival will pack the punch you need to get you into the Halloween spirit. With over 140,000 square feet of attractions, art, music and food, attending this festival will surely grant you one of the best Halloweens you’ve had since the trick-or-treating days. Headliners for the festival include a mix of genres from hip-hop to electronic dance music with artists such as Wiz Khalifa, Yellow Claw, Porter Robinson, Oliver Heldens and more. Aside from the awesome music, guests can also enjoy art installations, freaky characters, graffiti artists and grab a bite to eat at any of the food trucks present. For more information on attractions and tickets, you can visit the site.

4. Brickell Monster Bar Crawl

With last year’s crawl bringing in over 1,000 people, Brickell’s Monster Bar Crawl is back for its third consecutive year in order to bring locals a spooky night out full of costumes, drinks and lots of dancing. Taking place Saturday, Oct. 28, attendees get the opportunity of visiting Brickell’s most popular bars and enjoying free drinks and drink specials with the purchase of a wristband. Participating bars include American Social, The Craftsman, Fado’s Irish Pub, Taverna Opa, Baru Latin Bar and RedBar Brickell. For more information on pricing and tickets visit the site.

5. House of Horror

If you’re in for some good classic haunted house scares and screams, House of Horror may be the place you’d want to go to. Let’s face it, House of Horror is basically the Halloween version of the famous Santa’s Enchanted Forest we all grew up with. So why not continue this 17-year-old Miami tradition? Running from Oct. 4 through Nov. 4, House of Horror provides a variety of attractions. The “1455 Asylum” will take you through a haunted insane ward where the crazies may come out and get you, while “Gates of Phobia” provides a 3D haunted experience where guests may find themselves losing touch with reality. Attendees can also sit and watch “Hellzapoppin” and “Freak Emporium” where they can witness a circus stunt-show and a world of bizarre peculiarities never seen before. Unlimited carnival rides are also included in admission. House of Horror will end with a bang as it plans its “Phantasma Music Festival” with headliners including Luis Fonsi, DJ Dillon Francis, Flosstradamus and Cheat Codes. For more information, visit the site.

Cover Photo: https://images1.miaminewtimes.com/imager/u/745xauto/8274016/iii-points-2…