The End is Closer Than you Think

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We all just got over those long nights of practically no sleep and pure studying, fine of mainly going through Facebook, YouTube and any other distraction rather than studying. The point here is that you got it done and now you feel like you can go back to your regular schedule. The thing is summer is closer than you think and this means finals and papers that need to be written, projects that were assigned at the beginning of the semester and you just now remembered because I told you so (Yes go check your syllabus it’s all there). To make a long story short its crunch time ladies and this means in all areas not just school but for your body as well. Remember to have a set schedule or at least try to make time for everything. This means no more “crack cookies” at the breezeway. Let’s face it fresh isn’t so fresh so find alternatives and take a walk if you can to Moe’s if you have the time that way you feel like you earned that meal you’re going to feast on. Make sure to keep everything in order and if you work later and feel too tired to study go for a short jog around your dorm area or anywhere lit around campus. If you can bring your study buddy or your roommate.

As much as we all want the semester to be over there are still things to be done. Stay up to date with everything on your syllabus and try to do things or at least begin things a week ahead so the work load doesn’t pile up. Make time for the gym or a run no matter what time of the day. Working out is a great stress reliever it has been scientifically proven! Since this is true you must not question it and just do it! For those of you who don’t usually workout or have never done it, it’s never too late to start. This way you live a healthier life, have more energy for things such as school, work and everything else life throws at you (plus it’s a great reason to go shopping). For those of us that have to work to survive make sure to put school first regardless. We all love being lazy during the weekend and going out late nights and not sleeping enough its part of the Miami lifestyle especially with Ultra coming up this weekend. For those of you that purchased your tickets already you have an excuse, enjoy yourselves and rage hard! Afterwards rest up and get back to the plan I have made for you since we all know you won’t do it on your own but I believe in you.

To those of us that work and go to school and partake in everything else in life including school clubs, sororities and life itself good luck but just know it’s almost over. You out of all can actually make plans or at least look forward to your summer plans and make them your goal towards the finish line. Life can get crazy but you’ve been through a lot so a couple more weeks won’t hurt at all. When you get to the point where you want to quit don’t you’ve gone too far and it was all for nothing if that’s the case. This is especially to you ladies who are about to graduate and start life on your own it doesn’t get any easier so as the old saying goes prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Life is full of challenges and we know you will do great towards the end of this semester so keep doing what you’re doing and if it isn’t working it’s never too late to change. Good luck on the remainder of the semester and Go Panthers! 

A kid raised in Brooklyn, New York home of fashion, art and great culture. The greatest thing to happen to me was living in the city in a sense it was a love/hate relationship because of the area in which I grew up in. Then there was Manhattan filled with all the lights and glamour and things that were on the big screen. Once I moved to Florida it was in a small town called Bradenton which was a huge culture shock because it was the total opposite from what I was used to in every sense ranging from transportation to people. Then there was the care free atmosphere in which shirts and shoes are optional and thong sandals are an every day thing opposed to the city where that is a rare find. Living in Bradenton gave me a different outlook on things and humbled me in a sense. Then moving to Miami for school brought me back to my city roots except with a different view on things and my motivation now is to gain success and not material things as I once dreamed of attaining.