freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Charming and handsome with a heart of gold. This week’s Campus Cutie is Étienne Bellemare. (He should win the award for the best name, right?)

Not only is Étienne goodlooking and suave, he is also intelligent and ambitious. He is actively involved on campus and he currently holds the title of Treasurer for FIU’s Caribbean Student’s Assosciation. 

We got to know Étienne a bit more, and got a glance of what is behind the good looks. Here’s what we found:

1.  Age, nationality, major and year of graduation?

21, Trinidadian, 

Civil Engineering, expected to graduate in Spring 2017

2.  You have a very interesting name, what is the meaning / where does it come from?

My entire name is French because French names are a family tradition on my father’s side, as my grandmother is from the French-Creole island of Martinique. “Étienne” supposedly means “crowned” and is also a French variation of the name “Stephen”.

3. What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

Playing football (soccer) at the intramural fields!

4.  What are your views on twerking?

I appreciate twerking as a form of dance, it looks really hard to do! (Coming from someone who isn’t really a good dancer, LOL). However, twerking comes with a lot of negative sexual connotations in a society that is highly driven by sex, so I generally prefer other forms of dancing.

5.  Netflix and chill or a night out?

Most times I would choose Netflix & chill but I also enjoy a night out once in a while with my friends.

6. Describe yourself in 3 words.

Humble, Generous, Focused

7.  What is your favorite thing to do (hobby)?

My favorite thing to do is play football (soccer) at the beach. Growing up in Trinidad & Tobago has always drawn me close to the beach and I have been playing football since the age of 5. I love the sea and I love football, so it’s perfect when I can have both of those things at the same time.

8. Can you cook? If yes, what is your best dish?

Barely! My best dish would have to be a spinach & cheese omelet.

9. If you had one wish, what would it be?

It would be to see every person in the world treat each other as equals with a mutual level of respect and acceptance.

10. Describe your perfect first date

There is no “perfect” first date. It doesn’t matter where or when the date is, once I can talk to the person and have an engaging conversation, share experiences, laugh together, eat some good food and have a couple of good drinks. Once I can feel completely comfortable around the person I would say that’s a perfect date.

11. Single, taken or would you rather not say?

Single and enjoying life.

And there you have it!

Follow Étienne on Instagram @atn_bellemare 

South African model, dancer, personal trainer and blogger. Lover of God & Life