Style > Fashion

Emma Chamberlain’s Effect on Today’s fashion trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

YouTube personality, Emma Chamberlain, has set the bar high when it comes to content creation. But it doesn’t stop there… Chamberlain has revolutionized the way young adults view fashion. Expressing a style of her own helped Chamberlain in boosting her unique social media persona. Nonetheless, such a creative sense of fashion sparked a new wave of trendy looks.

Many components of these popular outfits consist of sweater vests, Doc Martens, loafers, and totes. Something that wasn’t too popular but later gained attention due to Emma’s influence that captivated several audiences.

Followers quickly began to turn to Ms. Chamberlain for styling advice. Certainly, Emma’s looks appear to be eccentric, creative, and far from basic. It’s her originality that has engaged so many and continues to do so today — allowing her to establish partnerships with renowned brands.

In 2019, Emma Chamberlain became one of the first YouTubers to serve as an ambassador for Louis Vuitton. Through the collaboration, Chamberlain has been able to attend the iconic LV fashion show that takes place in Paris, France. Within the past years, Emma has joined other celebrities on the red carpet and at events such as the Met Gala. The Gen Z sensation also happens to be linked with the fashion magazine, Vogue.

As of 2022, the YouTube star has become a cover model for Vogue Australia.

Emma Chamberlain has rapidly become the fashion “it girl” as she incorporates a vintage and chic style that sets the blueprint for many followers and supporters. Needless to say, the “Emma Chamberlain core aesthetic” is certainly timeless.

Samantha joined Her Campus in January 2022 and has continued as a writer. Based in Miami, Florida and is currently a Public Relations student at Florida International University. Favorite pastimes range from art and writing to music and traveling. Enjoys watching movies, going out, and watching sports games.