Dorm Cooking Hacked: The Perfect One Pot Pasta to Welcome Fall Flavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Although pumpkin and pasta might not seem like a match made in heaven, I’m here to tell you’ve been missing out. Once you give it a chance, this warm, creamy, easy-to-make recipe will be your new fall staple.

I was first introduced to this recipe in 2014 by Youtuber Ingrid Nilsen and it’s so easy to make it is perfect to amp-up your dorm cooking and impress your roommates and friends. The recipe is a one-pot pasta dish meaning you don’t need any fancy kitchen gadgets and will save you a lot of time when it comes to washing the dishes.

The Ingredients Are:

• 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree

• ½ a Medium Onion, Diced

• 4 Cups Vegetable Broth

• ½ White Wine

• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

• 4 Large Cloves of Garlic, Minced

• 4 oz Fresh Goat Cheese (Cream Cheese and Ricotta also work)

• Salt and Pepper, to taste

• Parsely

• ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice

• ⅛ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, or to taste depending on how spicy you like it

• 8 oz Linguine Pasta

Saute the onions in the olive oil until translucent. Throw the rest of the ingredients (except for the goat cheese and parsley) into the pot and once boiling set a timer for 9 minutes. Make sure to stir constantly the last several minutes to avoid anything sticking to the bottom of the pot. Remove pot from heat and stir in goat cheese. If the pasta seems a little runny, let sit for a couple minutes. Plate and top with chopped parsley for garnish. It’s that simple!

I am a Senior studying International Business pursuing a career in an international company in their Marketing or PR department. My passions are art, storytelling, and traveling.