This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Halloween a spooky night for many and a fun occasion to dress up. For children the joy of the evening is collecting buckets full of candy but for adults the fun is in dressing up. Below are 4 do it yourself couples costume ideas. Because if figuring out what you want to dress up as yourself isn’t difficult enough, try coordinating couple’s costumes.

1.       Sandy and Danny from Grease

Credits to: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/463870830352651585/?lp=true

Him:

A black T-shirt

Black trousers or jeans

White ankle socks

Black patent leather shoes

Her:

A black of the shoulder top

Black jeans or leather pants

Red heels

Gold hoops

This iconic duo will not go unnoticed. They are a classic and quite frankly, this costume seems to make a comeback every year for its simplicity. That’s what make it so doable, the fact that you might have all these things already at home in your closet. and it is a costume that you can have some creative freedom with. For example, you can wear converse instead; red ones for the girl costume and black with for the guy. You can wear black jeans instead of leather pants or trousers. The possibilities are only as creative as you want to be.

2.       Charlie Brown and Lucy

http://halloween.aaasne.org/charlie-brown-and-lucy-halloween-costume/

Him:

·       A yellow polo

·       Black paint (so you can paint the above pattern onto the shirt)

·       Black shorts

·       Black vans

Her:

·       A blue dress

·       White and Black keds

Be a part of the Peanuts Gang as you become Charlie Brown and Lucy from the iconic comic strip. This costume is simple and easy to complete and you might have the materials needed at home.

3.       Beer To My Pong

Her and Him:

·       2 black crew neck shirts

·       Black shorts

·       Red or white knee socks

·       12 Red Solo Cups

·       2 ping pong balls

·       2 head bands

·       White iron on letters

·       Converse

This is a creative costume that would make for a funny ice breaker. Take the black shirts and arrange the white iron on letters to spell “Beer” on one and “Pong” on the other. Then take 6 red solo cups for one shirt and 6 for the other. Glue them onto the shirts with a hot glue gun in the shape of an inverted triangle. Lastly, glue the pong balls one on each shirt on the edge of one of the cups. There, you’ve completed the shirts and the rest is just as easy to complete the look.

4.       Superman and Lois Clark

Credits to: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/137500594848517049/?lp=true

Him:

·       A Superman shirt

·       A white oxford shirt

·       Black pants or jeans

·       Converse or dress shoes

·       Black Suspenders

·       A red tie

·       Glasses

Her:

·       A black skirt

·       Heels

·       Gasses

·       Black heels

·       White oxford shirt

Channel your inner superhero protagonists as you step into costume as Superman (Clark Kent) and journalist Lois Clark. This costume uses again things you may have already at home and use on an everyday work basis. Its been replicated so many times that you can be as literally accurate as you want or as creative. You can be as dressy or as casual as desired and the costume will look great.

No matter what you decide to be this Halloween I hope I was able to give you some helpful ideas. May your Halloween be spooky, fun and full of lots of treats! Have a Happy Halloween!

Estefany is an Accounting Student with a certificate in Social Media and E-Marketing Analytics at Florida International University. She has a passion for traveling, art, writing, classical music, fashion and movies. Her adventurous spirit and creativity is what she embodies through her writing as she aims to provide her readers with informative but light hearted material.