This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Leading a healthy lifestyle is often seen as too “complicated” or too “time consuming” and results in most of us giving up. However it doesn’t all have to be complex, there are in fact many ways to eat healthy that doesn’t include spending 5 hours in the kitchen.

Something as simple as a morning drink can help you not only energize, but burn calories and speed your metabolism as you go through your busy day ahead. There are many fruity detox recipes that take just minutes to prepare and can help you detox and de-stress.

1. Lemon + lime: When life gives you lemons… detox!!! This refreshing mix can help you ease digestion and cleanse.

• 1 liter of water

• 1 lime

• 1 lemon

• Ice

• Mint

2. Orange + blueberries: Orange you glad you’re detoxing?

• 1 liter of water

• 1 orange

• Blueberries

• Ice

• Mint

• Agave ( optional)

3. Watermelon + Rosemary

• 1 liter of water

• Watermelon

• Ice

• Rosemary

• Honey ( optional)

4. Kiwi + Strawberries

• 1 liter of water

• 1 kiwi

• 6-8 strawberries

• Ice

5. Orange + Strawberries

• 1 liter of water

• 6-8 strawberries

• 1 orange

• Ice

• Mint

6. Cucumber + strawberries

• 1 liter of water

• 1 cucumber

• 6-8 strawberries

• ½ lime

• Mint

There are of course many other recipes that can can be used as an early morning cleanse. You can even create your own recipe and match it to what tastes best for you! Customize and utilize!  

Cover Photo Source

I am a student at Florida International University who is passionate about the power of expression and empowering women. I am a proud member of Alpha Xi Delta majoring in Marketing and International relations and hope to write to inform, inspire, or even to entertain through my works.