This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As the middle of the week arrives and we start making plans for our weekend, we would never imagine that Zoo Miami can bring an amazing adventure. What before was called The Metro Zoo has been remodeled and improved to become the Zoo Miami. The conditions for the animals have been getting better and as the scorching hot reaches Miami, more efforts are added to give the animals a relaxed habitat to live in. Not only that, but for more and more species the zoo has become more of a conservatory, where they give their animals the attention needed and make sure they are able to reach the wild again. If going to the wild is not possible because the injuries are too big, a habitat for them is made in the zoo to ensure their safety. 

One of the things I loved the most was the beautiful landscapes and the habitats that were an imitation of the real habitat of these animals. From rainforests to grasslands and deserts, the botanical gardens of the zoo were incredible. The zoo has definitely become a place to take amazing pictures, eat good food and have a different and great day during the week.

Around the zoo, there are various coffee shops and restaurants to make your experience the most worthwhile. From pizza to chicken nuggets, dipping dots and lots of soda the zoo really has improved on what they offer everyone. 

If there is something I would add or change about the experience would be for the zoo to have more interactive rides or abilities for the ones attending the zoo to be able to enjoy a more well-rounded experience. Although there are chances for interaction like feedings and shows, there are very few rides. Indeed the only ride that I saw was closed when I attended the zoo. 

As an overall experience, I highly suggest everyone, from kiddos to adults, to go to this fun adventure Miami has to offer. 

I am currently a Junior studying Public Relations, Advertisement and Applied Communications with a Minor in Hospitality Studies. My passion for writing and reading has been imbedded in me every since I was a little girl and till this day desire to use my passions in both my work field and personal life. I am from Venezuela, lived there all my life and moved to Miami for college. I am very passionate in what I do and the things I love. Through my writing I hope to inspire people and make them analyze the world and the community we surround ourselves with. I am a firm believer in balance and good vibes. Hope you enjoy reading my articles as much as I enjoy writing them!